ICTF.

These days, it's really tough to get someone who will teach you things you should know. So, imagine how hard it is to get someone who will teach you things you don't and shouldn't (but in a way, should) know. No one bothers to spill tricks of the trade because everyone is so busy doing their own thing - but not my immediate boss. No sirree.

I've never openly blogged about her because we don't blog about our offices/senior colleagues that much, right? Bahaya is one thing, the other thing is that, there was not a time when I felt the need to complain or do a review or anything of that sort about her. I always thought that I would remain under her protective wing and would be able to get as much ilmu out of her as I possibly can.

I haven't done that many big assignments with her, but when I get my grubby hands on them, she always makes sure I get what I am doing. It's very seldom that she will tell me to do something without telling me the reason/asking me to find out the reason before actually doing it. Bottom line is that she believes that when we understand, we would enjoy doing the work better. Plus, she knows that the next time she asks us to do a similar assignment, we would already know what to look for.

No, we are not friends. We always remained professional. But there is some kind of bond - one which spells TRUST. She trusts that I will not spill about her deepest darkest secrets (what do you expect, kalau dah buat kerja sampai pukul 9 malam 3 days in a row, sure keluar macam-macam cerita right?) and I know where I stand. I've never crossed the line. Work is work. Boss is boss. And did I tell you how garang my boss can be?

But I knew all along that she is my saviour from whatever (or whoever) that was making my life miserable earlier on in my career.

She is one of those teachers who is willing to listen to my nonsensical theories/comments about things which I don't understand. Plus, I no longer have someone in the office who appreciates honesty. It's easy to tell my boss openly that I don't understand things and that I need help because she won't say, "Itu pon tak reti?"

NEVER. Tak pernah sekali pon. If I don't know something and admit it, she will show me/give me clues on how to solve that particular problem. I have learnt so much from her. More than I did before. But it's still not enough.

Plus, she's the ONLY boss yang tak akan panggil balik office masa orang sedang kursus UNLESS it is necessary (macam negotiation e-Court with company tak dapat dielakkan) because she knows how annoying it is. I always brag about this with my friends sebab dia orang selalu kena datang balik office.

Which is why, news of transfer is hurting me quite badly at the moment.

My protective wing is leaving this place and I'm baffled.

More than anything, I am scared. Very scared.

Those on the other side receiving her, pick her brains! She's so smart you would gape in awe every time dia bagi comment/ulasan yang terlalu munasabah. You'll go, "Now, why didn't I think of that earlier?"

Like all the time.

Damn. Rasa nak nangis sekarang sebab baru serah tugas. Tsk. Macam mana nak pergi meeting tanpa discussion yang bernas lepas ni :'(





Shy to comment? Well, never mind! Your reactions mean the world to me! Make me smile today :)

Comments

farah said…
owh where to?another dept or to another place altogether?

well you can ask hr to bring you along, i pernah jumpa SFC kat Court of Appeal who gushes abt our friends and insisted that she went with her when the SFC got transferred to HQ.

hish susah tu hilang pedoman di tempat krja. boleh jadi stress, dah la dengan radio rosak di bilik sebelah =)

*hugs*
Haneesa said…
tapi i can't possibly tell her to bring me along, unless she wants to do it kan. plus i don't think ada post for my grade there pon.

she's going over to nanad's side! hahaha. so still same building but different division altogether laa.

hmmm... mmg pening sikit sebab dah biasa kerja with her.

right now, i just hope i don't get another unit yang i really can't get along with.

amin amin amin.

Popular Posts