dua puluh empat.

I’m always thankful for the people I have in my life, for many, many reasons. And one of the major reasons is how enlightened I get sometimes with their theories and ideas. Even if they are mere theories. I like to hear them out. (even if I make fun of them sometimes).

For example, when my brother called me last night, he excitedly told me about his new “toy” which was just safely delivered to his doorstep. So, I told him how lucky he was to get so much scholarship money, which he could spend on those things. He told me that he thought he deserved it since he was working part time distributing catalogues from house to house.

So, I told him how lucky he was to have so much time because when I was a student, I never had such luxury. All I did was study. Part time work wasn’t really in the picture for me (unless it was the semester break).

And then, came his theory:

In a day, everyone is granted 24 hours.
Out of 24 hours, 8 hours are used up for sleeping.
That leaves us with 16 hours left. 16 hours is a lot of time, come to think of it.
If you have classes, the most classes will take out from your day is about 5 hours. Sometimes, it only takes up 2 hours.
That leaves us with 11 hours/13 hours left, as the case may be.
And come to think of it, 11/13 hours is actually about more or less half a day left to us to do whatever we want to do. And more often than not, we don't know what happened to all that time.

So, he figured, even though he had a lot on his plate to do (assignments, projects and conventions to handle), rather than him (theoretically) having so much (unwisely spent) time, he had better get his bum up and start using that time, so that he actually knows where 24 hours of his day went to.

I was left in complete awe. I don’t even sleep for 8 hours and I still feel like I don’t have enough time in a day. Our complains of "not having enough time" all seems silly when we put it the way he puts it, don’t you think so? Why do I have such smart siblings again?

I think I may have to open a Book like the one in Excel to keep track of my time “expenditure”.

Maybe you should start too, ey?




Shy to comment? Well, never mind! Your reactions mean the world to me! Make me smile today :)

Comments

Popular Posts