it is ironic.

If life can be summed up in one word, it would be – I R O N I C.

Oh, yes. It is ironic in so many ways. The only thing that sets us apart from each other is whether or not we make a scene and blow the ironicism(?!) out of proportion, or we stay calm, breathe and think of the fact that everything happens for a reason.

I’d very much like to do both, to be honest. But. Oh, well.

The most ironic thing happened thing to me beginning last week. I lost 2 kilos. Yes, 2 freaking kilos and you’d think I’d be ecstatic. I mean, I am (or more like was??) ecstatic, until a lot of people told me I “gained” weight. Not that it’s an entirely bad thing especially that I used to be so sekerempeng. Now, at least, I’ve got some flesh going on here there and everywhere. I finally look “normal”. But the fact still remains that it’s a tad bit ironic – I lost weight and here I am having to breathe in everytime I put my jeans on. Tsk.

Yesterday, I received a piece of news which makes me want to bang my head on the wall. It’s ironic how a girl who follows everything her parents say is getting herself into so much trouble for listening. I’m just not used to not consulting them on important things, you see. Their opinion, to me is pivotal to my well-being. But it doesn’t always work in my favour, you see. It’s ironic. It really, really is.

This morning, the most ironic thing happened, AGAIN. I woke up for sahur. Wow, that’s a record, I’m telling you. Mornings have been the worst hours for me of late. I can’t even hear my alarm go off at 6 so it was somewhat amazing that I managed to actually wake up at 5 a.m. something something. If I make it through today, I’d have 3 days left, Alhamdulillah. Well, anyways, the ironic thing is that I woke up so early, I managed to clear my cupboard and even change my bedsheets. And then, I got in the car, ignited the engine and got moving. It was only 6.45 a.m. And then, I heard this really weird sound coming from beneath my car. So, I stopped, called my dad (luckily I was still so close to home) and he came down and told me that my tire was punctured.

So much for waking up early, I arrived at work 45 minutes later than my punch in time.

So, you see. Kita selalu merancang. Allah yang menentukan. I don’t know what the reasons are and frankly, don’t mind if I never find out. All I hope for is to always be protected from whatever harm that comes my way, that I will always stay calm even when I know I am on the brink of insanity and the strength to keep on going no matter how much I am tested.

Life is ironic, don’t you think?


Shy to comment? Well, never mind! Your reactions mean the world to me! Make me smile today :)

Comments

Popular Posts