Super special Sunday.

After what seemed like forever, we finally reached Taman Melawis. If I counted correctly, we got lost 3 times. 3 times, I tell you! But because Taman Melawis is special, we decided to find it. No matter what.

You have no idea how relieved I was to see the blue and white scallops on the canopies. Still, we were not very convinced. That’s until we saw a lot (and I mean A LOT) of men clad in white kurta (it’s called kurta right? sorry if I got it wrong) in the area.

And to be very honest, we felt very out of place in the beginning.

But the moment we entered the house and saw Saify and Nafisa, we began to be more at ease. Most of them were in a lengga in every colour imaginable. In contrast with most Malay engagements and weddings, this engagement was very, very meriah (colour-wise)!


We were all sitting down when she came! The special girl came out! And her lengga was the prettiest. She looked so pretty! And so different too, since she’s always clad in t-shirt and jeans.


After that, there were some ceremonies which we have never seen before. Normally, in Malay engagements, there would be some discussions and pantun and what not. But not this one. This engagement mostly revolved around gathering of friends and family, offerings of sweets and exchange of rings. I got the best shot. To me at least ;)


And then, came the best part – the food. If you’re my friend on FB, you’d know by now how awesome the food was on that day. The moment we ate the chicken and mutton, all the getting lost bit was forgotten. I had 2 rounds! (first time at any engagement, I tell you).


And by the end of it all, we were all happy and full and so very happy for our dear Batul who is (soon) joining the rest of the "I'm Married" clan! Congratulations!



Thanks for having us over dear! And thank you so much to Batul’s family for making us feel at ease although it was obvious that we were so out of place. Their warmth and kindness is something Batul can surely shout out about. Uncle Sabbir now knows my name. Best part of the day ;)

P.S: Batul, you are excused for the "directions" you gave us because it was a super special Sunday! ;p

Shy to comment? Well, never mind! Your reactions mean the world to me! Make me smile today :)

Comments

mirasalehin_ said…
kakak, why is everyone suddenly getting married? or izzit not sudden ?
Haneesa said…
it is not sudden my dearest. it is time. semorang dah tuaaaa. BALIKKKK! i NEED YOUUUU
Bats said…
Neesa i'm so flaterred. haha thank youu love. :) i'm so glad to have been able to share it with all of you.

and yes, its called kurta. :P
Haneesa said…
can't wait for november Batul! :)
you were so gorgeous

Popular Posts