love will keep us alive.

Baiklah, I am back.

Selesai sudah tahlil 3 hari, Alhamdulillah. Ketiga-tiga hari food Atuk paling favourite dalam dunia was served. No, bukan ketam ye. Habislah gigi tok imam kalau serve ketam. Ikan sembilang masak macam-macam was served. Goreng, masak lemak cili api (with mangga), sambal. In loving memory of him.

Masakan Negeri Sembilan authentic memang paling awesome, I tell you. Sedap, sedap, sedap! Tapi saya tak lupa Kedah roots saya. Nasi ganja (bukan ada ganja pun, jangan salah faham) sana memang tak boleh lawan. Laksa Kuala Kedah lagi tak ada tandingan. Paling tak boleh lawan adalah milo panas and mee goreng arwah nenek. Balik Kedah memang akan naik badan sampai 2, 3 kilo. Alhamdulillah.

Apa perasaan tak ada grandparents ye? Now, I know what it feels like. I no longer have any grandparents. Cuma ada aunties and uncles. And cousins tersayang. Perasaan tiada grandparents ialah perasaan risau. Risau that our family will never be the same. Siapa yang akan balik ke rumah itu kalau Atuk takda? Will we still have Hari Raya together? Or will the past all be forgotten together with their passing?

As the eldest (girl) in the whole G (Atuk's name) clan, I am worried that we will no longer be as tight. I always worry. Yes, sayangs. Kakak Neesa is very garang, but I love it when we are together. As much as I complain that kids nowadays tak reti duduk diam, asyik main game, too loud and no manners, I still love it when you are all there. I love it when you all find joy in making fun of me and the fact that I find it amusing as well. I love it when one of the cousins just suddenly comes to me and sits on my lap and then kisses me on the cheek. I love it when the little ones give me hugs before they leave for home.

I love it when they all mintak kasut and this and that and show me the things they bought from their shopping trips. I love it how thoughtful my girlie cousins can be and how much we depend on each other. And more than anything, I'm still amused at the fact that my elder and sebaya guy cousins still find me intimidating. Aku kan Kakak.

In times to come, will you all still come menyendeng at me and sit next to me, give me a peck on the cheek and sleep on my lap? Will you still find joy in making fun of me. Will you still run to me when you cry? Will you remember that no matter how garang I am, I love you all so much. Too much sometimes.


Let's remain as we are and become better. Let's make that promise now, shall we? Kerana air dicincang tak akan putus. Walaupun kadang-kadang kena tutup paip sekejap (bila tengah argue and ada misunderstandings). Let's keep the laughter going, let's let the sleepovers continue. Let love keep us alive.

Baiklah, end of emo post. Sekian terima kasih.


Shy to comment? Well, never mind! Your reactions mean the world to me! Make me smile today :)

Comments

farah said…
sigh my heart is heavy with my condolences to u and ur family =(

i loved hearing about ur atuk, when u told us the story of him taking the LRT etc =) may he rest in peace.

sorry i was so insensitive! tak baca ur blog and/or read abdul's comment kat ur fb sbb gila occupied so when i called tanya direction tu i sensed ur voice mcm sedih but i brushed it aside... so very sorry laling ='(
Haneesa said…
it's okay dear. it was my fault i didn't tell everyone pon. how were your supposed to know.

he was a funny man down to his very last day. if i cerita the things he said and did the day he died, mmg you all akan nanges and gelak at the same time.

i hope he is at a better place now. amin.

Popular Posts