Can’t look past these though!

Like I said before, I could ignore some things, but others... I just could not.

Like crazy hair-raising drivers, for example.

Man, the traffic in Penang was bad, even on a weekday! People drove like there were no lines on the road. It’s as if no one taught them at driving school that the signal exists for SOMETHING! And that break pedals are supposed to be pressed when you see like 2 cars in front of you starting to break! Not immediately when the person in front of you breaks! Urgh!

Of course, when it rained, it “jammed up” more than normal and made things even worse! So, yes, the whole time I was in Penang, I would look out the car window, and read the signboards or take photos of anything that caught my eye. Looking forward in the car just gave me heart palpitations!

Don’t say I didn’t warn you about the crazy traffic (and drivers!)

Parking at Tune Hotel

If, and this is only a big if, you’re planning to stay at Tune Hotel, you’ve got to get back by at least 10 p.m. They’ve only got like 20 parking bays available at the back of the hotel. Some of the reviewers said it’s free. Some said they were charged RM 5 per entry. So, if you leave and come back to the hotel like 3 times a day, you’ve got to pay RM15.

We were never charged when we were lucky to land ourselves a good (and legal) parking spot at Tune Hotel. So, we thanked our lucky stars everyday. That’s until we decided to go for the kill on our last night there, when we returned to the hotel at around midnight and the parking was full.

Having read up beforehand, we knew that there were parking bays available at New World Park (next to Tune Hotel) for a flat rate of RM10, if you were a Tune Hotel customer. That’s what we understood anyway.

Much to our surprise, the next morning, when we checked out, I had to pay almost RM 20 for parking! I almost hit the guy’s head because I thought he was trying to cheat me or something! Turns out that we just didn’t understand the system enough. But still. That really pissed me off. I could have bought us 2 packets of Nasi Kandar Beratuq with that money okay!

Other than that, the parking elsewhere was really cheap. Sometimes surprisingly cheap. Like 8 kupang (sen) or 6 kupang for an hour kind of cheap.

But really, these are just the 2 things I couldn’t look past because it pissed me off.

So, be read the parking rates properly and cast them in stone in your memories. I don’t think I can ever get over the fact that I had to pay RM20 for parking. Can you? Pscchhht. Hmmmph.And of course, beware of the drivers! They drive like crazy!

Shy to comment? Well, never mind! Your reactions mean the world to me! Make me smile today :)

Comments

Popular Posts