12 02 12

At the point of time when I started writing this, there is approximately 45 minutes to go ‘til today ends. I don’t know what time it’s going to be before I’ll be done, but I’m hoping that I’ll be able to post this by the time the clock strikes 12 a.m.

I used to be anal about dates. I always believed that a particular date and day came only once in a lifetime and if we let it pass without doing anything significant enough, we’re bound to regret letting it pass.

Then, adulthood came and it became increasingly difficult to think about doing something worthy of my memories on a nice or important date. So, I let myself believe that they no longer mattered.

But oh, they do. Nice and important dates do matter. Sometimes, people don’t get why we celebrate birthdays and anniversaries and honestly, at times, I don’t get it too. But I’ve found myself being extremely saddened by letting a special day pass by when I know I should/could have done something happy or memorable, just to commemorate that day.

And today is one of those days when I felt determined. Because like it or not, today is a day with a beautiful date.

12 02 12.

And today is my birthday.

xxx

And the best thing about growing older is when your favourite people share it with you too.


Like how these people surprised me with a birthday party/baby shower at Ben’s KLCC today. I was really surprised, actually (although at some point, I was beginning to suspect something!) because today was supposed to be our (belated) secret santa gathering ONLY!

But I had so much fun, oh yes, I did. I loved everything from the venue to the games to the food to the presents I got! Let’s not get started on the company. That really goes without saying, right?


So, yes. I am glad that my favourite people made time to make today extra special for me, giving me more than what I aimed for.

Today is indeed a special day with a special date. And it was quite literally, beautiful.


I turn 27 today, and I am blessed with a crazy family, a loving husband, happy and thoughtful people surrounding me and a baby in my womb.

I really wouldn’t want it any other way.

Alhamdulillah for a great 12 02 12. Alhamdulillah for another year.



Shy to comment? Well, never mind! Your reactions mean the world to me! Make me smile today :)

Comments

Popular Posts