merah kuning.

“Futsal isn’t Football”

But it’s close enough.

I hate ball games. Always have. I don’t know how many times I have reiterated that. Ironically though, I play futsal. Because it’s got nothing to do with balls (or shuttlecocks for the matter) flying towards my face or plunging itself on my head.

Oh, while we’re at it, let’s add racquet games to the hate list too. After a tiny “incident” involving my husband smashing my head during a badminton session (by accident, of course! gilo ke apo?), I decided I’d stick to jogging.

But then. Arsenal happened. And they came to town.

And because my husband makes me deliriously happy most of the time, I thought it would be nice to give him a lil’ treat. We bought the tickets long before the game. I even took 2 days leave for the occasion.

Here’s my confession (s) (i) I don’t really understand football; and (ii) this is my first ball game ever.

So, of course, I was a ball of nerves. So lame (!!!), I know. But pun intended. Heehee.

Didn’t know what to expect. Didn’t know who we would bump into. Didn’t know if I could stand being stuck in a place where breathing secondhand smoke would be first nature.

I was so excited though, this being my first game and all. I don’t think I have to mention how happy that old boy was because it’s so obvious that he would be on cloud 9.


The place was SO jampacked with people, but with a little bit of squeezing through and “excuse me’s” past people, we got really good seats.

But we ended up cheering for Harimau Malaya, totally and completely contradicting the jerseys on our back. CAN?


Arsenal beat Malaysia 4 – 0 but I was disappointed. I guess they (Harimau Malaya) were overwhelmed (too much) with the fact that they were going against Arsenal. I guess someone’s got to tell our players that THEY are on an equal standing as international players. They are as much as stars as the Arsenal players are.

It wasn’t a very good game because there was not much of a fight. I hate that because it’s called a game/competition, so fighting to win is a must. In fact, at some point, I was even yawning out of boredom.

But, despite all that, I seriously think that Walcott is super handsome. That was just random.


And just so you know, here’s the difference between a football enthusiast and... well, a novice football game watcher (if there is such a thing):

At the ERL Station:

Encik says,

“Best kan kita nak pegi tengok bola?”

I say,

“Best! Nanti boleh tak saya beli chickadees?”

Geli tali pusat Encik sampai gelak terbahak-bahak.

"=.=" Fail betul.



Shy to comment? Well, never mind! Your reactions mean the world to me! Make me smile today :)

Comments

Popular Posts