different kind of -zilla

Apart from meeting my in-laws and my extended siblings and the food and the fact that I can completely relax in Melaka, there is one more thing that makes going back to Melaka something we look forward to.

Surpise, surprise.

We LOVE "the pau". Uhuh.

Not just because we love pau, no. I'm normally not even crazy about pau in the "I must have or I will die" kind of way. But this one. This one makes you crazy just thinking about it!

I've only tried 2 flavours though, so I can't say for the rest, but take my word for it that the Pau Ayam (Chicken Pau) and Pau Kaya are delicious! I mean, I don't know about you but I can no longer find huge chunks of chicken when I buy pau in KL or anywhere else. This one? You'll probably find like 3 pieces of chicken in one pau, I kid you not! And the kaya is so delicious. Like the one you get from really old kopitiams or... like the ones we used to buy from Uncle Roti Bai, remember?

(Oh, I just remembered, my mom-in-law did taste the Pau Kacang (Red Bean) and she said that the red bean was too mashed up. Taste wise, it was okay, I guess?)

But whatever the rest of the pau taste like, I can certainly guarantee you that the Pau Ayam and Pau Kaya will not disappoint.

Just in case you're wondering, it's not sold in a shop or anything. It's actually sold by the road side, just outside Petronas Cheng. Yup, just look for Petronas Cheng and a very skinny kakak with a Kenari and you're in for a gastronomical experience (over sikit tapi sedap sungguh!).

Happy trying if you go to Melaka!


couldn't stop laughing when I saw this. I am indeed a Pau-zilla every time I'm in Melaka.
HUGE don't you think so?


Shy to comment? Well, never mind! Your reactions mean the world to me! Make me smile today :)

Comments

Rabieka Aliya said…
Kak Neesa, whenever you go back to Melaka, get extra paus ok? :P
Haneesa said…
hehe. will do darling ;p

Popular Posts