I looked into the larder and in the fridge and figured that I should not bother making something which I’m not good at making.
|butter carrot rice.|
The rice is real easy to make.
- 1 ½ pot (is this how we spell it?) of rice.
- Around 20g (max) of salted butter (you can measure by using the indicator on the butter packaging).
- A little bit of olive oil. Mine was slightly on the oily side that day so remember not to be overzealous with the oil.
- 1 ½ carrots (medium size), grated. This gives the rice the saffron-like colour, which I love.
- Onions (no exact measurement, but approx. ¾ of a big onion)
- Salt (I use garam kasar because my mom says that it’s slightly sweeter)
- put olive oil in pan and leave to heat for a while.
- then, put in the butter to melt with the olive oil.
- put in carrots first and leave to sauté.
- after the carrots have started to soften, put in the onions and leave them both to sauté. make sure the carrots and onions are well cooked (tapi bukan garing atau hangus okay?)
- add in salt as required.
- turn fire off and leave the tumisan to rest. it will normally cook in its own heat.
- prepare rice and add in water as how you like your rice to be (kering or basah or lembik or keras).
- put the rice cooker and don’t forget to press “COOK” button.
- to add flavour, add in a few chunks of chicken (which I did).
|chicken wings "brulee"|
Of course, I was super happy too ;)
Shy to comment? Well, never mind! Your reactions mean the world to me! Make me smile today :)