Flowers One o One.

So, I’m sorry my morning began the way it did [refer earlier post]. But I know that I would never be able to hold my peace if I didn’t say my piece, hence, what has been said, has been said.

Moving on.

x

I’ve never really been a “flower girl”. Meaning, I’ve never really given much thought about them, not only because I don’t often get them, but also because… I just don’t give them much thought, simply said and reiterated.

I’d rather my partner treat me to ice cream, chocolates, ribs at Tony Roma’s, sour cream and onion pretzels and hair accessories or the likes. Really. These things make my day more than flowers ever can. After all, you really CAN’T eat flowers now, can you? (OMG I LOVE FOOD!)

But with the whole wedding jinbang, it seems like I’ve got to deal with flowers, like it or not. There are centerpieces, main tables, daises, hand bouquets and a whole load of other things involving flowers which I must think of.

Of course, I’m not saying that other things cannot substitute flowers or that they cannot serve the same purpose. It’s just that… I’m not quite the right person to talk about where decorations (other than flowers. and even with flowers, I'm a lost case) are concerned because I sort of lack that creative component in my brain (apart from creative writing, that is).

So, at the mention of flowers, the first two things that come to mind are.. ? Roses and Gerberas. And trust me, I only came to know of the name “Gerbera” of late. Before this, I just liked the flower with no name.

But even if I am not petty about flowers, etc., it doesn’t mean I don’t care which combos make the perfect match and now, I’m scratching my head in disbelieve because I can’t believe how many flowers there are in this world.

OMG SO BANYAK (!!)

Turned to Mama for advise and it seems like she’s in the know about them (rupa-rupanya I tak sangka). E.g.

Your hand bouquet should have this and that and this colour and a little bit of filler flowers”. 

Oh wow. Mama knows about filler flowers? o.O"

Anyways, I visited my local market for a little Flower 101 and bought a stalk of rose for RM3 (in the colour we’re going to get, I think). Just wondering, is RM3 per stalk (maybe can get a little (very little) discount when buying in bulk) considered cheap?

I really have no idea.

All smiley and happy. Very pretty!

I really do still like Gerberas. They look like a huge smiley face on a sunny day. I’m thinking I want to put them in my hair and let’s see what Mama has got to say about that. Ha ha ha ha.

p.s: pictures googled.


Shy to comment? Well, never mind! Your reactions mean the world to me! Make me smile today :)

Comments

shueyshoelove said…
worth checking floristika, bangsar out. u'll go cuhrazeee...and tak nak keluar dari situ. all flowers so pretty!
Haneesa said…
i've heard so much about this floristika, i think i'd have to make a trip to the shop soon. but mine's quite a hot date, mesti ramai dah beli dan book ni. hehehe

Popular Posts