Tea with the Smarties.


It has been A LONG time since I last saw these people alright! Not surprising though, since even Nanad and I don’t bump into each other that much these days and WE WORK IN THE SAME BUILDING, for goodness sake.

So, meeting them was something I looked forward to all week. You should ask my husband how shiny-shiny (direct translation from bersinar-sinar haha) I became the moment I confirmed that we were going to have some tea together.


Venue of everyone’s choice – The Loaf at Empire.

More than anything, actually, we wanted to see the Mommy-to-Be who is due to deliver... anytime soon now!

I had a tough time finding a parking space in Empire. I couldn’t even remember which way I was supposed to go because I’ve never been there before. Encik Suami insists that we’ve been there together before, but I honestly don’t remember and I’m not in the habit of forgetting things.

So, anyways that’s besides the point. I finally managed to get a parking space somewhere and since it was already 4 p.m. (we promised to meet at that time) and I know how skema these people can be (ehehe peace yo) ... I rushed up the elevator and pressed a random number – 2.

The next thing I know, I was at the Second Floor of the Empire Hotel. I’m hopeless, I tell you. HOPELESS. Never ask me directions. Do not follow me when you’re lost. I’m probably just as lost as you and the only thing I'd do is make you more than lost. Double peluh. "=.="

So, I got off at the 2nd floor and pretended to head to my (non-existent) room and guess where I went?

To that place people keep extra towels etc. etc. Good God, I really am hopeless with directions, don’t you think so?

After embarrassing myself beyond repair, I finally asked for directions and hoped that I was heading toward the correct direction and TA-DA! There they were, waiting for everyone to arrive. Mommy-to-Be wasn’t there yet, but Nanad, Zaki and Mamita were.

We ordered our food, ate and chit chatted about things. Work, mostly. I know, I know, we are such boring people aren’t we? But since we spend a minimum of 8 hours in the office, that’s where all the juicy gossip come from. Who said we were talking about the SERIOUS STUFF?

Ah, I was so glad to be reunited with some of my most trusted gossip partners. My secrets are safe with them, that’s for sure.

Then, the Mommy-to-Be arrived and she ordered her food and drinks and there was more gossip.

The highlight of the day was probably when we met our "LIYODS" Lecturer there, with daughter and the daughter has the same name as Baby Maya (???) What??? Zaki was so surprised, he was rendered speechless. Ahaha. We had quite a laugh about that but hands down Baby Maya is not only cuter, but she’s also one of the most cantik babies I’ve ever seen.

It was a really, really good way to end my weekend. These people really are some of the best people I have ever been friends with. Without a doubt :)


Oh, I had Hot Chocolate and Chocolate Danish + Chicken Pie. I LOVE the Hot Chocolate and Chocolate Danish, but I've tasted better Chicken Pie at Baker's Cottage. Trust me, the one at Baker's Cottage is TO DIE FOR, yummms.

p.s.: Adlin, Din and Batss you were dearly missed. Would’ve been more fun if you were around.


Shy to comment? Well, never mind! Your reactions mean the world to me! Make me smile today :)

Comments

Popular Posts