liaison.

A piece of my mind.

I hate to talk about work because I know there are silent readers at work who actually read this and when they meet me in the office, they either look me straight in the eye with the “I know” look or evade me altogether because they know things about me, some of which I don’t really want people to know.

But like I said, I write. And I have tried to go private with this blog before and that didn’t help with anything at all.

So, I don’t care. Let’s talk about work.

We are currently in the process of organising some event for Mid December. Organising yourself, organising a trip, organising events and organising events at work are all different facets of the same thing; each with their own modus operandi, each with different requirements.

Thing about organising events at work is that it is work, so there are certain procedures you need to adhere to and a lot of people who get away with just about anything. And then, there are people like ME, who do EVERYTHING.

For the past 2 weeks, my phone has not stopped ringing. People with queries, people with problems, people with doubts, people with no money. All kinds of people. I am a people person, so really, I am okay with that actually.

What I am NOT is someone who TOLERATES people who aren’t team players. I mean, it’s easy to say that you don’t know how to do something and just play dumb isn’t it? When people ask you whether or not you are used to organising events, you can simply say NO and get away with it?

What the Hell?

I can’t and won’t say the same because I know how capable I am and can be, but sometimes, when people get away with just about anything, just because they say they DON’T KNOW, that pisses me off BIG TIME.

I wonder what that huge paycheck is for? Isn’t it for you to learn things which you don’t know? Isn’t it for doing everything that your boss asks you to do? IF I CAN, I DON'T SEE WHY ANYONE ELSE CAN'T.

If someone of such stature can just act dumb AS IF s/he REALLY does not KNOW anything, whereas, all that person is doing is to not care enough to actually LEARN, I don’t know what is going to happen to us.

THAT BIG PAYCHECK CAN BE PUT TO BETTER USE. LIKE TO COMPENSATE FOR ALL THE LONG HOURS I SPEND AT WORK TO LEARN WHAT I DON’T KNOW. AND TO MAKE UP FOR ALL THAT I HAVE TRIED SO HARD TO ACHIEVE.

I sometimes just give up with the system where people get away with anything.

Oh, oh. The best part is that when it comes to showing that you actually DO some work, like being the liaison officer for some big shot, LAJU GILA JE.

I GIVE UP. Lebih baik berhenti kerja je. No, not me, but those yang tak buat kerja sungguh-sungguh tu.


Shy to comment? Well, never mind! Your reactions mean the world to me! Make me smile today :)

Comments

Popular Posts