the stars they claim to be.

Guess where I am at?

Back in Putrajaya of course! Chomping on my roti kaya, my current obsession (we’ll talk about that in a separate post) while sipping on my drink, while looking at my blank New Document. And wondering whether or not I should write about my experience staying in Pulai Springs.

I think I should. For the benefit of all.

My stay began with me waiting for my room keys. I was assigned to a room with 2 of my other good friends and we were all told that check in time would be at 3. I came with the office bus, and so I had the power to determine the stops we were to make, to make sure that we all arrived at 3, so that everyone would get their rooms immediately upon touchdown.

I finally got my room at 6.30 p.m..

Goes to show that you may not necessarily be given your room as promised though you have booked. So, the next time you plan to stay at Pulai Springs, please don’t make any plans to go to places of interest (like JPO, for example) on the day of arrival. It might be a while before you will actually be given your room keys to enjoy the comfort of your room.

Comfort of my room?

My arrival began with my toilet visits. Forgive my indiscretion but seriously, dude, don’t question a pregnant woman’s toilet habits. This lil’ Boss inside me is getting heavier, it presses on my you know where, I might as well be living in the toilet. Ahahaha. So, after many toilet visits to the public hotel rest rooms, I finally got my own toilet in my apartment. Bliss. After my business is done, I take the hose off the hook. And guess what happens when I try to hook it back on?

The hook is stuck to the hose. =.="

But because I was given an apartment with 2 of my good friends, I was in good spirits and thought nothing of it. After all, it was time to get ready for the dinner.

We call for housekeeping. We all needed an iron. And badly. They said, press 1 for all types of room services. So I pressed 1.

No response. In fact, it actually sounded like the phone was not hooked on properly so it was either engaged or out of service all the time. We all ended up wearing un-ironed shirts to the dinner. I know the itinerary said “smart casual” and it was a BBQ dinner, so we didn’t really have to dress to our nines, but it didn’t mean we had to look like cowboys who slept on a horse all week long. But we did. And we went to dinner with hopeful stomachs, because word has it that their food is great.

It was o-kay. Just okay. Nothing to shout out about. And so few choices! And for breakfast, the most important meal of the day, I found myself utterly disappointed. No pastries, no croissants, a very peasant choice of breads and well, basically pretty much the same thing every single day, with nothing much to look forward to, to begin with. I was floored. I was seriously thinking of croissants and good bread when I thought of hotels and I was met with none! Huh! And though they did serve Laksa Johor one time for lunch, I can say with conviction that Pulai Springs failed to make Johor proud. Big time.

The only thing I loved about all the meals was the salad bar, which served yummy cherry tomatoes.

And there are a myriad of other bad reviews about a myriad of other things, but... since they didn’t happen directly to me, I am not really in the position to say anything.

All I can say is that for a hotel which claims to be a 5-star hotel, Pulai Springs disappoints.

So, if you have a party of 200 or so, don’t even consider staying there. I don’t think they are used to catering to such big parties. As such, they are not very accommodating and they siphon money out of you, refuse to cooperate to give you the best deals and they basically don’t help you to make the things you have in mind happen the way you want them to happen.

I was thinking, if the food was great, it would have at least shut us up a lil’, but the food wasn’t great. So, we can’t and won’t shut up. Because it was supposed to be an office getaway, but it ended up stressing us more. Which I’m sure wasn’t what we had in mind.

So, hello Putrajaya! I’m back. Home feels so much more 5-star than that hotel which claims to be 5-star.

Now, let’s Google some good hotel which serves good breakfast. Suggestions, please, if any?


Shy to comment? Well, never mind! Your reactions mean the world to me! Make me smile today :)

Comments

Popular Posts