those 36 hours.




And when the daylight comes I'll have to go
But tonight I’m gonna hold you so close
Cause in the daylight we'll be on our own
But tonight I need to hold you so close
- Maroon 5

That kind of sums up what I felt the entirety of last weekend.

Just to give myself a little bit of credit, I think I’m getting better at handling the distance. Come to think of it, it’s not even something novel to me. We’ve been there. We’ve done that. Probably for about 6 years or more before we got married.

But there are just times when being apart, just… sucks. Every Sunday when he’s home sucks. Not because he’s home, but because Sundays are typically associated with counting hours until he departs.

That means we’ve basically got to cram all our plans into less than a day and a half.

 But even if we didn't have any plans, my lazy weekends with my husband are now robbed.

I know that it’s entering our 10th week of distance (already!) and the next thing I know, it’s going to be April 2013 and we’ll be together again (and probably then we’d start arguing about all the stupid things again hahaha), but it doesn’t make this waiting any less unpleasant than it already is.

Perhaps I should stop counting, not that I am at the moment. Not consciously anyway.

And perhaps I should start counting my blessings instead.

Because all in all, I’ve got to admit that absence does make the heart grow fonder.





Shy to comment? Well, never mind! Your reactions mean the world to me! Make me smile today :)

Comments

Popular Posts