back to December again (already?)

As it is now December and this year draws to a close, I have come to realise one thing. Well, it isn’t the only conclusion I got out of this year of course, but it is, I have to say, the most prominent

“I’ve not only grown older, but I have grown up.”

Well, considering that I went through a life changing experience, that shouldn’t be surprising, right?

But, really. Years previous to this, in all my delusion about staying young at heart, I forgot that I somehow or rather, at some point in my life, need to grow up.  Staying young at heart doesn’t mean that you forgo maturity entirely. And as much as you’d like to go back to your younger years when things were so much less complicated, you’d have to face the fact that life is so much better with the complications that come with it.

It’s not always rainbows and butterflies, remember?

I came to such realisation (about me growing up) when we were in Seremban for a wedding. It was held on the street where I grew up. The “mansion” which used to seem so magnanimous to me once upon a time ago, looked so… tiny. The street on which I used to walk on to sneak to my then best friend’s house at the other side of the road looked so… short. In fact, the road which used to cause my mom to palpitate every time she discovered I crossed it alone (which in turn caused me to get several slashes of the cane and detention), makes my mom look like she was making a big deal out of nothing!

Oh, those were the years!

And I have come such a long way from then.

I have seen bigger, better things and I am eternally grateful to be given such opportunity.

This year has been a year with many firsts. And also ups and downs.  

And not to mention, many, many lovely dates, with so many good memories.

As much as I hate to see 2012 go, I really can’t wait to see what 2013 has in store for me.

So, bring it on!



Shy to comment? Well, never mind! Your reactions mean the world to me! Make me smile today :)

Comments

Popular Posts