My happy pill


“People who live in the now, those people make things happen.”
-Cesar Millan

Heads bent over our meals and we are giggling at a common joke. Or looking oh so serious discussing a matter of utmost importance. If I weren’t wearing my rings, people would think I am my husband’s secret lover. And when we’re on the phone with each other, people remark, “Ish, macam orang bercinta!”

And I seriously don’t see what the problem is with that.

Aren’t we all supposed to still be in love, even more so after getting married?

This man I am with right now is the one I’ve been through a hundred (mis)adventures with. I’ve fought with him ‘til both our worlds shook, we’ve had our fair share of misunderstandings but then again, there have been a million other wonderful moments deeming our fights “overtaken by event”. And so far, we’ve managed to effectively communicate our dissatisfactions and appreciation towards each other in our own special ways.

No doubt things have changed with the arrival of our baby. In fact, I’ve resigned to the fact that things will never quite be the same again. In selfish moments, I even wonder if we could ever rekindle what has been lost what with a lil’ infant demanding all of my time and energy these days.

I always wonder if he would (or still does), love me the same. Despite everything that has changed for us.

But believe it or not, my husband is still, one of my bestest friends and my happy pill. It’s like he knows the exact moment to pop into my system with something as elaborate as a surprise gift. Or something as simple as downloading of my favourite show.

In about a month or so, things are going to change for sure. We’ve really just got to live in the now at the moment. And make more effort to fight less, love more and make more doa so that when he comes back into our arms, he would still be the same happy pill that he is and always has been or even better.

Oh, how I will miss you.

Shy to comment? Well, never mind! Your reactions mean the world to me! Make me smile today :)

Comments

Raieza Hanim R said…
He's going away? For work? I can sense that. For how long?
Stay strong Kak. You are indeed one of the toughest woman I know, ever since we're still in high school. You're one very strong willed & determined lady who will always (and always) find a way to solve every problems in front of you.
Take care now! InsyaAllah we want to go visit baby Luqman & you but yea, I blame the time :(((((
(doakan saya dapat pindah KL, then we go do baby playtime selalu selalu nanti)
Haneesa said…
ieja, thank you for your kind words and encouragement :). i really do hope that i will survive being alone and yes, he'll be going away for work for a while. though boleh balik once in a while, time only flies when we're having fun kan? kalau sorang-sorang, where's the fun? hahah. nanti awak dah pindah kl kita playdate kan budak-budak kecit ni ok. you take care too :)

Popular Posts