1433H



Pre-marriage, we already made up our minds about Raya. First year Raya at my parents’. Second year in Melaka. But whatever the case may be, we’ll still go back to both hometowns during the Raya break. That way, we minimise arguments and can avoid being sour with each other during the festivities. And everybody is happy.

So this year was Melaka’s turn.

And embrace it, I did.

People generally underestimate my ability to survive in a kampong because my hometown is in KL. But then again, people don’t know that I am used to staying in a kampong. Before all my grandparents passed away (Al-fatihah), I’ve had my fair share of sleeping in a kelambu, lighting mosquito coils, bathing at a perigi, climbing rambutan trees. Heck, I’ve even been chased by hens before, so yeah.

I am a kampong girl at heart, I am.


This year was different for many reasons. Of course, with a lil’ baby in tow, it was a lot more exciting. I finally understand what it feels like collecting duit raya for my own child from relatives and friends alike and oh, the joy! Not for any reason, but only because I don’t receive any of my own anymore. After years and years of being in a “duit-raya-less” state, I can finally count duit raya again! And of course, Luqman being the adorable baby that he is (if I may say so myself!), received tonnes of green sampul. Murah rezeki anak Mama, Alhamdulillah.

But oh, traveling with a baby means you can never travel light ever again! And there are so many things to take into consideration when travelling with an infant. I never knew! Haha.

But all in all, it was a joyous celebration, though very low-key at both sides of the family. We like it that way. I guess we always have.

What’s important is that we were surrounded by family, good food and loads of fun.

And as for my lil’ munchkin, he loved Raya just like how he loved it last year (I was actually already 8 weeks pregnant then and that was the only day I didn’t experience any morning sickeness! Haha) Selamat Hari Raya Aidilfitri to all my readers out there! I’m so sorry for all my wrongdoings, whether intentional or not and I hope you had a joyous Raya too.

Much love from us 3 ;)

husband's baju melayu from Butik Asas, Shah Alam, my nursing top from Suri, bought at Lunatots, Putrajaya, tudung from my Mama's closet. No baju melayu for Luqman this year, so he's wearing Trudy & Teddy with t-shirt from Esprit ;)



Shy to comment? Well, never mind! Your reactions mean the world to me! Make me smile today :)

Comments

me said…
Oh yes. With a baby, we can never travel light. There are just so many things to pack that you seem to bring everything except the kitchen sink! Hehe
Haneesa said…
tasha: true that! mmg takboleh travel light ;)

Popular Posts