Maryam

Every time I meet someone who is pregnant, I recommend 3 things –

1. Surah Maryam, Surah Luqman, Surah Yusuf;
2. Kurma Nabi, air zam zam; and
3. Pregnancy is not a disability or disease.

 I actually found out I was pregnant when Luqman was about 7 weeks in the womb. The moment we knew, my husband downloaded the 3 Surah I mentioned above and we would put the Surah on loop the whole night long, every single night while we slept.

After that, as the verses became more and more familiar to me, I graduated to reading them from the Quran myself. Eventually, every free waking hour I had was spent reciting Surah Maryam and Surah Luqman. As for Surah Yusuf, though I am ashamed to admit, I did find it a little bit difficult so for fear of reciting it wrongly, I stuck to listening instead.

Nearing my due date, it just didn’t seem right for me not to listen to those Surah or for me to not recite them. So, I read them every time I felt like I was wasting time i.e. waiting for Doctor’s appointment, when I finished my work, waiting for husband to pick me up. It really is simple, apparently and I think at that point in time, I put my iQuran App to full use. I was reading the Quran literally anytime, anywhere.

I don’t think I’ve written about my labour before, right? But anyone who’s heard my labour stories would remark, “Oh, senangnya!” 

And… after reading birth stories of others whom I silently stalk (hihi!), I think I have got to agree. Because I was in active labour for only 5 hours.

And I was reading Surah Maryam in the labour room ‘til the very last minute before I couldn’t stand the pain anymore. Labour stories will come up soon.

*I realise it’s been 5 months since the last time I said the same*

 Haha.

Shy to comment? Well, never mind! Your reactions mean the world to me! Make me smile today :)

Comments

Popular Posts