Western Travel Bug

When I said I called the Western Travel Bug, did I mention that the tour bus said it would pick us up at 6.45 a.m.?

Well, if I didn't, now you know. And breakfast starts at 6.30 a.m. You know what I'm like where breakfast is concerned right? Especially when I didn't get my supply of rice the night before =.="

But, in all that rush, I managed to eat a bowl of cereal and 2 pieces of croissants I think? I even brought along some jam-filled doughnuts I bought at Coles the day before. Hebat? Sangat hebat bukan? Bab-bab makanan, serahkan pada yang pakar. Hahahaha.


It was just a mini van with the capacity to fit 15 pax at most. It was very cosy and clean and we were lucky to get a tour guide by the name of David who was really nice (because he let us finish all the cookies in the van).

As we boarded the van, we were given a menu from which we were to choose our lunches. At first we wanted to take the fish burger but that was before we realised that it was made with a beer batter. So, we settled for the Vege Burger in the end. A bit sad, I know, but a girl's got to eat so she better eat what she can.

After a few other pick-ups at some other parts of the City, we began our journey. David had already told us beforehand that there wouldn't be any commentary on anything, but every once in a while, he did tell us the history or background of certain places while we passed by them.


Our first stop was at the Whiteman Park, in which the Caversham Wildlife Park is situated. While waiting for it to open, we had some coffee, tea and biscuits (part of the package) and of course, took some photos.

Then, we continued to the Wildlife Park where another Guide took over. His name is Peter.

How do I describe my feelings at Caversham? To sum it all in one word wouldn't do the place any justice but if I had to pick just ONE word, it would be MAGICAL.

Here's why.


We were let into the Kangaroos' den. They were so tame but far from being violent. They would swarm you and nudge at your feet because they know what was coming next - food. All you had to do was to put the food on your palm and feed them from it. It's a win-win situation and the happiness which eminates from this experience is so ridiculous, I cannot even explain it.

Then, we were brought to meet the Wombat. At first, I was sceptical about holding it because... it looks like one huge fat pig. Don't you think so? This particular Wombat weighs about 28 kilos and it had just woken up at the time the photo was taken.


After the Wombat, we were brought to visit the Wallaroos and Wallabies and some other animals.

And last but not least, we met the Koala. It was a pity though that the Koalas were still asleep. If not we would have been able to cuddle it like a baby.

Suffice to say that the next time we come back to Perth (insyaAllah!), we're so going to spend more time at Caversham. Worth every penny spent :)


After Caversham, we headed to the town by the sea - Cervantes. It was quite a long drive, but there wasn't much we could do there seeing that we were pressed for time. We managed to get some good photos there though. So feast your eyes.


Next was lunch. To say that I was looking forward to my Vege Burger is an overstatement but I think I don't give it as much credit as it actually deserves. You want to know why? BECAUSE IT WAS SCRUMPTIOUS (and can you see how HUGE it is?)! I honestly thought that it was Vege patty, but no, no, no. I was mistaken and and totally and completely misjudged the burger.


At the end of lunch, nothing (apart from garnishing) was left on my plate. *Sedap*

After that, we went to the "Lalat Place" which was actually quite amazing despite the lalats.

Shy to comment? Well, never mind! Your reactions mean the world to me! Make me smile today :)

Comments

Popular Posts