Press 9

No one can help it if we grow any older. But I wonder if we can help growing up. I don’t think anyone intentionally sheds off the kid in them, but we eventually do. As we grow older, we stop being the innocent wide-eyed girl we once were. We think that fairytales are silly because we come to the realisation that no matter how much we will it, there can never be a perfect life for anyone. We try so much to please others, we forget what we liked about ourselves the most. We are surrounded by negativity even in times when we try to attract positivity, so much so that we have no choice but to give up. Then, we no longer know what it is that we should do; both to make ourselves happy and to make others happy as well.

And in the end, we are lost. So lost that we can no longer find happiness in the smallest things which used to make us happy.

In times like those, I always press 9. Because pressing 9 means that I finally admit to the fact that I need some assistance out of the 4 corners of my space.

And I’m glad that when I press 9, I’ve got more numbers than I thought I could rely on, to rely on.

And for that, I am eternally grateful. Because I know that no matter how much the walls close in on me, there’s always more people out there willing remind me that no matter how old we get, we are growing old together. So, we’re not alone in it.

Because believe it or not, the 4 corners which you trust your life with, will never keep you safe for long.

So, in times of dire need, press 9. I’ll be there for you.

Shy to comment? Well, never mind! Your reactions mean the world to me! Make me smile today :)

Comments

Popular Posts