Moves like Jagger


I’ve been feeling “quickenings” since a couple of weeks back already. Before I got married and pregnant, I always wondered how mothers knew which part of their baby was moving and if it was all really their imaginations. I mean, seriously! How can you know if you baby is kicking or butting or tugging or scratching? You can’t even see the baby, right?

So since I got pregnant, I tried not to be too enthusiastic. So long as it has a strong heartbeat (which it DOES, Alhamdulilllah!) I didn’t want to be “imagining” my baby moving. But eventually, I realised that it became increasingly difficult to ignore the bubbles in my lower tummy. Especially after my Zuhur prayers when I am having a rare moment of “no-rush”, when I’m sitting in the dark with my hands rested beneath my shirt, on my belly.

It’s in those times when I could actually, actually feel it without imagining it! It’s when s/he feels constricted that s/he moves the most. Like after a heavy meal or when I am bent over my files or when I am sitting there with my perut berlipat-lipat that I can actually feel something or rather someone... rebelling! Kecik-kecik dah pandai demand space! Ahahaha. =.="

It’s not much of a kick, punch or anything of that sort. It feels more like someone is... farting inside of me, hence the name Bubbles. Takkan aku nak panggil anak aku Kentut pulak kan. Seriously kelakar okay! Ahaha.

This baby is mostly active at night, just about after dinner and before I go to bed. S/he won’t let me sleep soundly without me reciting Al-Quran or without me playing a few Surah on the laptop all night long. I can already foresee sleepless nights and a very demanding baby but I’m still excited nonetheless! Heehee. =.="

Eh wait, where was I? Oh, yes, Jagger. We were in the car one night after dinner listening to Moves like Jagger on the radio when I felt something pinching from beneath my belly. And it went on and on and on until the song finished, I just had to ask the Baby, “Hello, sayang, what you up to in there? Suka lagu Jagger ye?” Ahahaha.

So far, we’ve tried to play the song again, but s/he doesn’t react during the day. S/he only starts reacting after lunch time.

I’ve been told during the last check-up that I need to start monitoring the Baby’s movements starting on the 18th week. My 17 weeks are coming to an end and the Paranoid Me has been asking myself what I should do/feel if I can’t feel any “real” movements like a kick or punch or anything? Should I run to the hospital ASAP? Should I panic? Should I? Should I?

Hmm. But on my outing with 3 other mummy-to-be’s yesterday, they all told me not to worry. The Baby will move for real, right on cue, so I was told. And suddenly, your belly will have a life of its own and it’s going to be hilarious then!

We’ll see next week (sebenarnya dah tak sabar HAHA!).

On that note, I leave you with some recent photos of mine. I’m only beginning to like taking photos again after realizing I don’t look all too bad at all ;)


Ye, perut saya comel je for 17 weeks. It runs in the family ;)

Until the next time! Ta!



Shy to comment? Well, never mind! Your reactions mean the world to me! Make me smile today :)

Comments

Melissa said…
Comelnya perut ! Good to know your pregnancy is progressing well, Alhamdulillah. Are you still experiencing morning sickness ?
Haneesa said…
teeheehee thanks mel! the morning sickness began waning at about 16 weeks. i only vomitted water if i salah makan hehehe. so far so good, Alhamdulillah. :)
farah said…
comelnya perutttt :)

tak saba jumpa bubbles esok (mcm nama powerpuff girls je) LOL :)
me said…
I only experience mild fluttering during my 5th month. before it was sort of like wind, i wasn't sure myself if it was the baby moving. once dah masuk 6 months, after puasa that day, the baby moves like crazy punya! at times i yelp and squeak sebab geli2. now lagi lah, all the time and it's amazing you could actually see it moving beneath your skin. alhamdulillah, treasure it kakak just like i am! :)and btw, you look really good :)
Haneesa said…
farah: ahahahah that's what my sister said! dia tanya knp tak Blossom atau Buttercup? I don't even know if it's a girl or boy yet ;p ;p ;p seeya tomorrow!
Haneesa said…
tasha: thanks dear :)... itulah. sometimes, i'm not too sure either.. but.. because i've experienced extreme heartburn and angin yg sangat teruk, so when it's the baby, i sort of know hehehe.. since it's at the lower part of the belly. mmg tak sabar nak tunggu the belly ada a life of its own. all the mummies out there kata it's amazing at the same time funny hahahaha
shueyshoelove said…
Ur tummy so comel! Baru beberapa minggu tak buat work together gether jut and ur baby bump is already showing! Awhhhh. Cons coms. I like bubbles. For the record, u never looked bad pun. Always glowy!!
Nina said…
hehe. Indeed, such an amazing feeling ;)) About 2 weeks ago, I couldn't tell if it's gas or the baby movement. but now i no... soo cute.. gerammm.. gaggaga!
Haneesa said…
nina: kannnnn??? i hope that eventually it becomes stronger! tak sabar ;)
Nina said…
lol... but not to the extend of disturbing our sleep.. hahaha.
Haneesa said…
nina hahaha true that. so far so good so im going to enjoy it while it lasts ;p

Popular Posts