a private realm.

A few months back, I created a Twitter account. For one because I was missing out on so much, since most of my close friends tweet. I don’t really believe in 140 words or less because I’ve always been a rambler and a long one at it. But I’ve got to admit that Twitter in many ways has made me happier, as it is an “outlet” for me to express whatever I think or feel without having to broadcast my thoughts to 600 “friends”, half of which I haven’t met in years, I think.

So, yes, with Twitter, I feel liberated.

And despite my plea to everyone to blog responsibly and to mind our language when writing an entry, my stance on tweeting is quite the opposite. Not so much because I swear in my tweets, I still do watch what I say, but more because in Twitter, you can really limit those you want to be followed by and who you want to follow.


If you feel like you don’t like someone on your timeline, you can simply unfollow. If you want a limited range of people to know your deepest, darkest (or happiest) thoughts, you let them follow you. It really is that simple because Twitter, unlike FB, is not the place for you to keep in touch, etc. Not entirely anyways. For me at least, it is a collection of your thoughts, be it good or bad. And for me, it’s the people who matter enough who get to see both sides of me.

Having said that, I do think that everyone should be entitled to tweet about whatever they want without so much of “policing” or negative comments about the things they say or do. Or in this case, tweet. If someone is into make-up and fashion, let them be. If someone is into movies, let them be. If someone is into the habit of checking in wherever they land their butt, let them be. If someone likes to tweet about their life, work and their pregnancy and their cravings, then really, let them be.

And if you don’t like the way someone tweets, click the “unfollow” button and be relieved of all ill feelings. Because really, why should we only write about the things that others want to read about in a private realm in which the power to choose is in our hands. Because in Twitter, it really is your choice. Whether to follow and not to follow. That is the question.

As I said, it really is that simple. Thank you.


Shy to comment? Well, never mind! Your reactions mean the world to me! Make me smile today :)

Comments

Popular Posts