so did i?

Remember how determined I was to start drinking milk and to quit coffee? With my very best endeavours (I've come across this word much too often lately that I can't help using it), I have... not succeeded. Well, too bad.


To begin with, I don't even feel all too bad about it to be very honest, which I think is worse than not succeeding in my initial plan to quit altogether. I mean, I'm not exactly an addict. I just have to have coffee. That sounded very contradictory, I know, but I am not in denial. Promise. Hmmph. 


3 contradictory sentences in a row. Call me a walking contradiction now. 


Thing is, I just need a cup a day to function start functioning (there's a difference). And to avoid drinking more than I should, I have decided to purchase my coffee sticks from the co-op downstairs on a daily basis rather than buying one big bag and putting it in my office. The less access I have, the less enticed I become. I can't help it, okay? Neslo just tastes so damn good. 


Speaking of which, it doesn't help that Mama bought a big bag of Neslo to add to the pantry "sebab girl suka minum neslo so sekarang tak payah bancuh sendiri dah". So, tell me. How am I supposed to quit coffee again?


I have decided not to quit it altogether because I had mild withdrawal symptoms, like mild irritability and sleepiness which couldn't be contained no matter how hard I tried. I just couldn't start functioning in the office (especially) until and unless I get that first sip of my yummy neslo. So, I'm controlling my intake. One a day only. Unless I stay in the office too long and just need a quick fix. So, twice a day, tops!   


And... I have found the perfect milk to suit my palette. For a while, I got used to drinking whatever it was that we had in the fridge (which is not Marigold and the likes) and eventually, I began to forget drinking milk because I just didn't like the taste. But when we went to Tesco the other day, we saw Anlene and remembered the advert, so we decided to get it. Supaya tulang tak cepat reput, insyaAllah.


And guess what? I LOVE IT! I even asked my colleague just now;

"Da, awak pernah rasa susu Anlene tak?"

"Nope."

"Sedap okay!"

"Awak, you don't drink milk"

"I drink Anlene :)"


So, recommended! Go and get it if you're still finding the right milk for yourselves! And as for quitting coffee... just take it slow already. One a day is considered good enough, especially if you just have to kickstart your day with it like me :)


 I am determined to make today a good day though that is not how I feel. Sekian, harap maklum :)



Shy to comment? Well, never mind! Your reactions mean the world to me! Make me smile today :)

Comments

shazanafairuz said…
I just started drinking milk too. for health reasons. like, memang baru start (tak pernah suka susu before) and I agree. Anlene sangaaaaat sedap! susu lain tak sedap. for me lah.
yayahafiza said…
kakak!!!
i have the same problem.... early this year i'm thinking of reducing amount of coffee that i consumed daily.... not even 1week, i started to take coffee balek.... ish2.... i like HL Fresh Milk or Good Day Fresh Milk...

kalo kt rumah in Perlis, my mom bought anlene to be replaced with creamer.... so, atleast ade la gak milk kn? tp since i'm staying on my own, beli la susu ape pon nk replace creamer ni xmjadi coz i would prefer to get 3in1 sachet.... so cmne nk wat ni?huhu
Haneesa said…
pear: huhuh. i didn't know you hated milk as well. mungkin sebab in college kite asik minum all the flavoured ones kan! and anlene mmg betul-betul sedap :)

aera: sila minum susu supaya kita dapat main futsal sama-sama sampai tua :) is that enough motivation for you dear :)
Athena said…
awak, try mix black nescafe + HL Marigold freshmilk half glass + sugar/syrup/caramel syrup secukup rasa = home made latte. SEDAP!!!!! Tak boleh lawan coffee bean or starbuck, tapi memang SEDAP!!!!
Haneesa said…
ayu: amboiiii! buat latte sendiri dah sekarang niii :) weekends nanti i will try it la okay :)
dira said…
ahha Kakak i so can relate! in my bid to reduce my caffeine intake, i did that too. no 3 in 1 sachets at home, and i agak suka Nescafe tin tu (dr zaman college lagi), so bila nak minum baru beli.

tapi i buat alasan diri sendiri, if beli half a dozen terus, dapat save duit sikit (around 40 sen a tin) so akhirnya, i stock up jugak. selamat dlm fridge :/

nasib takde rehab untuk caffeine addict. ke ada?
Haneesa said…
itu la dirr. thing is, i'm not the one stocking stuff in the pantry! my mom is. so it's a bit susah. dia sukaa sangat beli yang sachets + tin byk2 coz just like you, dia cakap lebih save (which is true pon)


if there was ever a rehab for caffeine addicts pon... i don't think i want to know about it and i hope they don't discover us all.

if not, pengsan kite kena duduk macam shopaholics tu in a circle and confess our coffee love!
Anonymous said…
apa lagi Kak. bukannya u buat alasan untuk diri sendiri. ikut cakap Mak la elok :)

btw if rehab tu betul la ada, takpe we can still escape la i rasa. kita hantar Joey dulu, that's the worst case :)
Haneesa said…
anony: wah, what a relieve to know that ada orang lagi addicted! hahahah boleh pulak. i really hope that rehab for coffee addicts tak wujud. tak kisah la whether or not i qualify, but really. sedih ok life without coffee.

Popular Posts