always tapi tapi.

I'm sure we've gone shopping before. At least window shopping yes? And of course, I'm no exception. Shopping is great when you have a credit card with no credit limit and some big spender to pay the bills off for you. Shopping is great at the end of the month when your pay comes in. Shopping is great during sales. Shopping is awesome when you know what you want.
 
But shopping can be a royal pain when you are a fickle-minded shopper like me with a tight budget and very little to splurge on.

Have you ever been stuck in a situation where you just don't know which thing to get? Example: A costs RM159. B has double the storage and costs RM249 (not even double the price for double the storage) and then, there's C, going for RM299 with double the storage and an LCD screen and super attractive colours. (obviously I'm talking about an MP3 player. mine is broken, sekian harap maklum)

Sebagai pengguna bijak, which would be your pick? Obviously, I looked at A first because that's all I really need to begin with. But after looking at the whole range of products, it's obvious that option C is the "more value for money" choice, right? In the end, I didn't get any of the 3 because I just couldn't decide.

*****
These past few weeks, I have been looking for something. And I sort of can only find them online unless I have all the time in the world to browse through each and every single shop in KL. Sometimes, I call these vendors, but most of the time, I just shoot out an email.

It gets really frustrating when vendors leave email addresses on their websites only to never check their mail. Sure, we're not always in the office and perhaps even on the go all the time, but knowing very well the nature of your job, isn't it prudent to equip yourselves with devices which can assist you in communicating with your customers?

Anyways, since I am a very patient person, I waited for replies. And much to my relief, yesterday I got the most replies. So, why am I still so agitated with the whole thing? Because scenario in Para. 3 above has now repeated itself, get it?

 Only now, the difference in prices aren't exactly in numbers which can be dismissed as "Ala 40 ringgit je" kind of thing. I actually need to think. Focus. Think. Focus. Decide. Hmmph.The last part is the hardest, naturally. Me being me.

*****

On another note, I haven't bought clothes in the LONGEST time, I tell you! Actually, I don't really want any clothes, what more need them. Especially judging by the kesian looks my cupboard gives me as I put more and more things in it. It's full to the brim!  (tapi my cupboard is really small tak tipu)

But yesterday, I just needed to find something beaded/with chains at the neckline. I'm going on a date next week! Haha. Dah dating 5 tahun pun masih kaypohchee lagi. But still. It's a different kind of date, sort of. And after walking in and out of shops, I decided that it would be wise of me to go through what I have in my cupboard first, before actually making any purchases.

Boy, am I glad or what that I rummaged through my full-to-the-brim cupboard. I'm glad I went through the piles of clothes in there because... I found a beaded-neckline top! How could I forget my birthday present from a few years back which they got me! So, I've decided to wear that.

That doesn't stop me from wanting to buy the top with the chains around the neckline though. Such a steal okay? RM42 plus postage. Siapa yang taknak, you tell me now. And just to prove how long I haven't shopped, I was surprised that things sold in stores are like RM20 more expensive than those sold online, even after we include postage fees. Hmm. Makes the  top with chained-neckline seem even more attractive.

Haih, nafsu. Always tapi tapi.





Shy to comment? Well, never mind! Your reactions mean the world to me! Make me smile today :)

Comments

farah said…
beli je laaa, u deserved to splurge once in a while, plus bukan riban2 pun =)

eh 2nd may sume free kan?? yeay!!!
Haneesa said…
those are my thoughts exactly tau! last week lagi membuak-buak i punya nak beli barang tu. sebab dah penaaat gila! :)

2nd may yeay yeay yeay :)
Hanim Hani said…
kakak! just drop by to say hiiii!
i miss reading ur blog...see ya tomorrow!
Haneesa said…
nem: hello dear! lama you tak drop by yeee :)

take care to you too!

Popular Posts