welcome home.

About a month ago, I received a text during sahur about an aircraft. 

Since it was so early in the morning, the only thing that caught my eye was the number 7.

"It (370) has been found?", I remember asking my husband.

And we both rubbed our eyes again and saw that it was a different aircraft in the news. 

I remember how we both ate our sahur in silence. Could be because we were sleepy but for me at least... I couldn't fathom the whole situation. I never in a million years thought that Malaysia would become a "target" because as far as I know, we have no enemies. 

Or do we?

The weeks that ensued saw me reading each and every theory, news and article on the fallen MH17. And how they started recovering bodies from the site. And how they started the identification process. And how they arranged for the homecoming.

And today, they are finally home. 

None of us have ever imagined that this calamity would befallen such a small nation like us. 

And yes, the only certainty in life is death but I don't think any of us think that we would lose a family member THAT way. 

I think this year has been a tough year for Malaysia as a whole. And though I'm not superstitious, I do believe that we could all learn a thing or two out of these ordeals. 

Treat everyday like it's your last. 
 
Love like you can never love again tomorrow. 

Because you don't know if tomorrow never comes. 

Next thing we know, we're all headed for "home".

Innalilillahiwainnailaihirojiun.

From Him we come, to Him we return.

Yang pasti itu Mati. 

*terkesan*

Comments

Popular Posts