forever young, I wanna be

So I’ve been talking about taking some time off my mommy duties for a while now. And last night I finally got it.

And what better way to spend it other than “growing young” with my girls (and husband).


Weddings for us are always reunion first, wedding later. Last night was obviously no different. Had it not been a proper sitting down dinner, I have a feeling that there would have been much more shrieking, chaos and “misbehaviour” on our part. Hahahaha. We never really learn now, do we!

But even so, we really had fun. Laughing, talking non-stop all the while trying to top the volume of the music, catching up with each other, taking countless amounts of photos, one camera after the other, going crazy, comparing mommy notes and basically just slipping back into the friendship like those years apart never ever happened. There were times when I saw the bride stealing glances at the 5 tables we were sitting at. She was probably jealous at us (or most probably wishing her loud friends would tone it down a bit! I'm inclined to think it's the first reason! SHE IS ONE OF US, YOU KNOW!)

Even if TKC was the place where most of my regrets lie in, going to TKC itself is something I will never regret.


Who can ever match these years of friendship, crazy companionship and sisterhood? I’ve got a feeling that nothing can come as close.

***

Anyways, yesterday was actually one of my bestest friend’s wedding reception. It was such a bittersweet feeling; with me not being able to attend her nikah and not getting to spend as much time with her before the wedding as I would have liked. It totally sucks and I feel super sucky about it. But seeing her so happy brings so much joy to me. For the person that she is, the sister that she’s always been to me, the friendship that she selflessly offers and after all that she’s been through, the only thing she deserves is all the love and happiness in the world. And I pray and hope that Adib would be the one to give it to her.

I love you Nadd, you know I do. Here’s to hoping that your union will be blessed with Jannah and that we would be friends forever, and forever be, forever young (at heart).  

***

On another note, I was so excited to be able to wear white yesterday since I left Luqman at home with my mom. Thing is, I didn't even have to wait for the night to end before the top got stained! Kit Kat was smudged on the bottom hem of the top when I got out of the car and the sleeves got dipped in ayam masak merah during dinner! Turns out that Luqman had nothing to do with me being comot all this while! Sorry, Sayang! Mama yang comot rupanya. Hehe. I initially intended to get myself something new, this being a special wedding reception and all. But, from my silence from this blog, you can guess how crazy it's been at work so I had to settle with whatever we (read: Adik) had in her closet. Next time, I think I'm going to get something from First Lady Zalora since it's probably the only brand so far which fits me very well (I wear an XS btw *chewwwah budget kurus tapi memang pakai XS pun!*). I've got my eyes on this one so I hope they won't run out of stock (tak habis lagi kempunan baju raya purple haish! haha)! At the end of the night, those who have met Luqman before wished he was there because he would have gleefully danced to the liveband, I'm sure. Besar sikit Mama bawak kenduri camgini ye. Hehe.


Comments

yayahafiza said…
hahahahahaha.... yes, luqman owe u nothing on the stains.... and how i wish luqman was around for me to dance with him.... :D
Haneesa said…
hehehe kesian luqman! next time ada wedding saya bawak dia ok. so that aunty aera ada kawan nak dance since he loves to joget so much :)

Popular Posts