apron.

Bored of my own honeymoon reviews, actually, but I will finish off the last day and a few other things I noted some time soon.

After reading through an agreement twice and realizing that I couldn’t get past clause 5 without my tummy crooning for attention (at least 3 times in 2 minutes, yes), I think I should take a breather. Agreements are making me hungry, no joke.

House warmings, kenduri doa selamat. Same old, same old.

Ever since I moved in with my husband after my reception, the question of “When’s your housewarming?immediately flooded us. Being me, I told them not to expect any kind of housewarming any time before May. I mean, it’s not that I didn’t want guests immediately after we moved in together, but I was just being realistic.

After hanging my apron for so long while I stayed in TTDI with my mom, I wasn’t going to pressurize myself into cooking up a feast when I wasn’t ready. Plus, with such sparse furniture and all else in the house, hosting a party of any sort wasn’t something I was particularly thrilled about. Plus, I’m not exactly masterful in “hostessing”. Far from it, I’m actually a noob.

It’s May now but we still haven’t hosted any kind of anything yet (whatever name you may want to call it) at our place. You may call us antisocial if you want, but with our current circumstances, where either one or both of us are away during weekdays leading to weekends sometimes, our weekends are super precious to the point that all we want to do is stay home, covered under our duvet and watch Maharaja Lawak. Plus what would a home be if it were a wreck-sty (shipwreck + pigsty) right? So weekends are also spent spring cleaning.

But, having said that, it doesn’t mean that we don’t welcome guests. It’s just that sometimes, you’ve got to invite yourselves over and then, I’ll (gladly) force myself into the kitchen to cook anything I think I am good at cooking as my welcome gift to you.

For example, one day, my husband called me up and told me that our friends wanted to come over to give our wedding gift. Yes, we still do receive wedding gifts at 4 months old (young?) (Oh, yes, aren’t we lucky?) with the condition that dinner would be on them (our guests).

So, I told my husband I was okay with that and hung up. 

But soon after, I realised, “What kind of a hostess would I be if I allowed myself to be “King” and let my guests bring me my dinner?” How hard could it be anyways? It's not that I don't cook on almost a daily basis.

So, so as not to add to my noobness of being a hostess, I cooked up a recipe in my head. I knew that it had to be something, which I had made before, and it had to be something I could make in 2 hours, tops.


So, bihun hailam it was.

I actually really enjoyed myself that Friday afternoon during lunch. Though, I’ve got to say that 5 sips later, I wasn’t so sure anymore that my guests would like what I they tasted. Suffice to say, I was a ball of nerves.

Plus… well, if you’ve been following, you’d know how overzealous I can get with portions. The husband came to the kitchen later that evening after work when I was preparing the food and didn’t even bother to keep his thoughts to himself,

Awak, kita makan 4 orang aje tau? Bukan lapan belas! Plus they are also bringing food!

To which I replied,

Okay, but I CAN’T HELP IT!!!

Of course, even though he mocked me with the whole “I can’t help it” thing, he was still happy I cooked. Hehe.

It ended up being a really, really good night. Despite the (still) sparse furniture and well, not really excellent cooking.

So, my point is that I may not (or probably never will) have a proper house warming. But that doesn’t make me a cold person or that you are not welcome over. Come over anytime you want with ample notice, of course (but please be considerate, lil’ lady finishes work late sometimes hehe) and I’d try my best to make you feel at home.

Maybe if you’re lucky, whoever our next guests are, I’ll make what I’m really good at – brownies.

For now, I’ll stick to cooking rice and lauk-lauk simple for my husband’s dinner. He’s the toughest guest to please (so far)! Hehe.


Shy to comment? Well, never mind! Your reactions mean the world to me! Make me smile today :)

Comments

Raieza Hanim R said…
I WANT LE BROWNIES!
So I'll be next, can I can I? (: heheee
Haneesa said…
of course you can! would love to have you around :) :) :)! datang putrajaya dan kawasan sewaktu dengannya, silalah talifon saya okei!

Popular Posts