X, Y, Z

For someone who is blessed with a week long holiday, I sure am busy with tonnes of assignments to submit right after the School reopens. I’m currently working on my Evidence assignment (not because I like the subject or THE LECTURER (especially)) but I just plan on getting it done before I head home because the book is just too freaking thick to be lugged around everywhere. Evidence is actually quite an interesting subject to learn, only if the lecturer were a good one and only if I knew what to put into this assignment since it seems like the question requires us to copy everything in Augustine Paul’s book. I actually feel like submitting the whole textbook, to be honest.

Other than that, I’ve counted and we’ve all got 8 assignments to submit after school reopens. Since I’ve already wasted 2 days of my weekend, I’ve only got 5 days left (oops, 4 days because 1 day will be dedicated to dating a guy I have not met for 2 months) and that means that I won’t have the time to get all things done. Why the lecturers give us so much work remains a mystery to me, but I guess I’m not really in a position to complain.

And I’m not normally the type to complain about lecturers because I have been taught that no matter how bad their teaching is, the fact remains that they are educators and they do have something to share. The thing is what if the lecturer is one who is totally and completely unethical to the point that it is almost impossible to bear?

As you’ve already guessed, I will not mention names because that’s just something I can’t do and will not do. But I know that a lot of people have sentiments of their own regarding this person, X, me being one of them. I know that this person is in a way powerful owing to the fact that his connections with the people upstairs and the people from other varsities are somewhat superb in comparison to the rest of us. But what gives X the right to act like such a big-headed, pompous scumbag? The whole purpose of coming to class is to learn and I think that X should also bear that in mind; that the purpose X comes to class is to give education.

I know that probably X’s efforts are for the benefit of the Law School, etc. , but seriously, when you compromise your main job which is to teach, that really means that too much is too much right? I don’t dispute X’s capability of organising events, I don’t dispute any of the awards with which X has been blessed with. But that does not mean that X can answer ANY phone call in class. That does not mean that X can talk loudly like some pompous, arrogant king, when X is not. The least X can do is to get out of the class and settle all X has to settle. It’s just common sense isn’t it to show the best example possible to those you wish to educate. Isn’t it common sense anymore the fact courtesy and manners are the crux of everything you do. If you fail to show that you at least have some manners, how can you expect anyone to give you the respect that you by right should get?

I don’t know. Probably I’m speaking on behalf of the minority. After having gone through a semester of Honours Programme, I came to realise that politics do play an important role; that without it, probably no one would get anywhere. Lady lecturers just love the boys and male lecturers love it when someone is there to clean and kiss their A*SES for them. Which, by the way sucks because I know that in terms of knowledge and capabilities, alot of people deserve more credit than those who butt-kiss.

But I have come to accept the fact that those who “mengampu” go alot farther than those who study hard like myself. But now, I have to deal with pompous X and this is driving me crazy. Can’t X just let us read our books ourselves during X’s period so that it saves me from all this mengumpat I do after X’s classes?

Comments

Popular Posts