it's complicated

Today, I had the liberty of replying my birthday messages which are long due, and I also had the freedom of browsing aimlessly through other people’s pages, being the curious me. In every page I happen to click on, something intrigues me; be it the type of pictures or poses people take, the things they disclose in their profiles and the most interesting is to see the changes they’ve gone through. Some people have gone from downright innocent to hot babe. Some have culture shock written all over their face. Some hide behind a happy facade, some try to make their lives look more interesting, some people’s lives are just interesting, good for them.

In the profiles of people I actually know, I also see their status changing. For about more than a year now, or probably longer, my status on friendster has been “it’s complicated”. Some people have gone from “in a relationship to single” vice versa and from “in a relationship” to “it’s complicated”, vice versa. Sometimes, I wonder what people think of when they click on “it’s complicated”. I can’t remember what I was thinking of, besides the fact that my other half had opted to click on the same thing. Perhaps we agreed on it just for fun.

After having gone through pages and pages of other people’s profiles, I came to realise that there are some of those out there who had clicked on “it’s complicated” for a valid reason. Their relationships do look complicated. It’s not just the fact that they no longer take pictures together; hell, I don’t care, I hardly ever get to see me my other half, so I hardly ever take pictures with him as well. But, I don’t know. Sometimes we just know things just by looking at the surrounding circumstances, I guess? And from those circumstances, we come to the conclusion that things are complicated; much, much more complicated than whatever uncomplicated my relationship is in.

And so, my point is that I am changing my status right now, today. I am in a relationship; a happy relationship of almost 3 years. Happy, in love and blessed, regardless of the fact that our relationship is a far cry from perfect. I am in one, so, I will say that I am in one.

Comments

Popular Posts