surreal, isn't it?

I hate departures. I hate it so much because it is the main reason why I’m such a crybaby. I cry when going back to Shah Alam after hugging Mama. I even cry when my bf goes back to Melaka. And now, I don’t even want to start you all imagining on the many pails that are retaining my tears; the fact that he works in Penang. And tomorrow, my best friend, confidante and only brother will be leaving for Australia. It seems so surreal at this point. We all used to think of it as a future event which would come eventually, but never this soon. I think even he can’t face that fact yet.

We might have travelled to some parts of the world, but it’s always been together as a family, never without one or the other. But this time, it’s going to be very, very hard to say goodbye. I don’t know how many more pails I’ll need so that I don’t flood KLIA. But I’m glad that we’ve all ironed out our differences and realised the true meaning of family. I feel blessed the fact that our family is so close-knit that the saying “blood is thicker than water” applies precisely.

I don’t know what else to write. It all seems surreal, that’s all. And I don’t need to write all this but I feel like I want to. What would I do without him? Would he be the same when he returns? Would I still be his confidante and him, mine? Would we be able to talk as always? Would he still love me as he does when he returns? Would he? Would he?

Surreal isn’t it how fast time flies. Am I entitled to be a little bit emotional over this because it’s just too difficult to accept how fast time flies and how rapidly things are changing. Argh. I feel like crying already.

Comments

Popular Posts