Breather

I’m currently taking a break from doing my assignments. I seriously think that we’re a bunch of overworked and underpaid kids. Heck, we’re not paid at all, actually. Apart from the knowledge we get from going to classes, we’re just damn overworked. But I know I chose to be part of this competitive fraternity and nothing comes easy without any hard work first. So, I shall attempt to stop complaining... starting NOW.

Well, anyways, I just thought I’d update on what’s been going on these past few weeks. Although you’ve already guessed that my stories will revolve around doing work and nothing else, I’d have to say that yesterday was a real breather. Yesterday was Induction for the LLB Part I students; the latest admission to Level 7 of Law Faculty. My brilliant friends changed the event’s name to Carpe Diem, which means “seize the day” since Induction seemed a tad bit inappropriate for students whom have been part of the Law Faculty for years and years now.

Well, anyways, it was fun to be able to contribute to the event; I was part of the opening act! I mean, I do love dancing (oops, secret’s out) and contrary to popular believe, I do do other activities other than studying. And it was nice to end up making people gape in awe because who would have thought I was capable of doing a cartwheel in public? Hahah. I don’t know if I danced well but I know I had fun yesterday and for me that suffices to constitute a good day.

Inductions are... well... inductions. There’s nothing really different about any induction because I think all inductions have speeches, introduction sessions and games and prize giving ceremonies. What was different about ours is that we ran slide shows of every LLB Part II Class. Lee was kind enough to offer his help in making 2C’s slide show happen and it was fun watching reruns of the show even before yesterday’s event.

The first few times I watched the show, I did realise that bile kept rising in my throat every time the show was coming to an end. But yesterday? What on earth happened yesterday??? I CRIED yesterday although I never intended to. I don’t know why but I suspect it’s because last semester was a real test for me and it was quite a tough period for me to endure.

I mean, you come and go to the office everyday and meet the same people. You love and hate the same people; work and compete with them healthily and sometimes unhealthily ;p, and all in all we’ve all just become part of a huge family despite our initial differences. I just hope I won’t miss them too much when I leave Law School.

Well, other than yesterday, you’ve guessed and I guess you’ve guessed right. I do have tonnes of work to get back to. I just thought of coming up for some fresh air because I seriously do need a breather. Please Allah give me strength. I’ve just got a few more weeks to endure.

Comments

Popular Posts