please?

It’s 9.08 p.m. and I’m still in the office. I thought I vowed not to be a workaholic this semester? I really, really thought I vowed not to be a workaholic but I must have suffered amnesia when I made that vow because who would Hanisa be if she were not a workaholic? Well, honestly, I wouldn’t be Hanisa at all.

It’s been 4 weeks into our 2nd semester of Honours, and I think I’m handling things better this time around. Undoubtedly, the workload is equivalent to a truckload of shit, opps, I meant uncountable tiny grains of sand, but I’m trying to be candid and maintain a positive attitude.

To be honest, there’s really nothing much to tell because everything is pretty much same old, same old. I do enjoy the subjects I’m taking this semester, bar Corporate Law. And it’s not that I don’t like the subject, it’s just that I don’t really like it to be tested and examinable, etc. simply because I suck at it. I think my dad and Abdul can verify that fact because it’s apparent that both of them have given up on teaching me the basics, even! Hah!

I seriously need a day off though and it’s good that we’ve had one 4-day week so far, for Awal Muharram and we’re getting another day off this week for Thaipusam. It’s really relieving to get to sleep until whatever time and do things at my own time and at my own pace. (even though there are still shitloads to deal with. Oops. Language again.)

But you know, at times like these, a long-distance relationship really is difficult to deal with. I haven’t seen my Abdul in about 2 months and I’m starting to go out of my mind. I listen to songs by Hujan that we used to scream our lungs out to in the car and I find tears falling for no reason; because to begin with, they aren’t sad songs at all.

A hug would seriously do me good right now even though it wouldn’t take away any of the work away at all. I just need a crying shoulder and someone to pamper me when I whine perhaps? Yes. I miss all that. I miss him entertaining my antics. I miss him because he doesn’t mind waiting for me while I get my work done. Can I have him back here please, Intel?

Can you please give me back my Abdul, please?

Comments

Popular Posts