of trust, distrust and abuse of trust

Believe it or not, these past few weeks have seen me stressing out over the fact that I can no longer write a good piece of crap. Honestly, I’ve just lost it. Or probably, I’ve just lost things to write about, or the interest to put my 2 cents in, if any.

I’ve one more exam paper to sit for, and one mock trial to prepare. I’ll be the defence cousel, which is cool actually considering the fact that I just love to cross-examine and make the witnesses confused. Haha. I’m trying my best to make peace with civil and at least TRY to like it just a little bit, but to no avail. I won’t elaborate further. I don’t want to keep on telling my mind that I hate it for fear that I might actually believe in it and abandon it altogether. (I’m talking about Advanced Civil Procedure, just in case you’re wondering).

I lost my ATM card yesterday, which makes me sad because I’ll be out of business for the whole weekend. And just in case some of you didn’t know, I sell credit now. The commission isn’t exactly to die for but the work isn’t at all tough. So, I’ve no complaints on that. Back to my lost ATM card- I was at the TTDI Maybank yesterday morning depositing some of the money I collected from the business. And being the excited (and of course careless) me, I forgot to take the ATM card after the receipt was issued by the Deposit Machine.

I don’t think I turned my back for more than 5 minutes before I realised that the card was missing and I didn’t even leave the premises. But then, when I went back to the Deposit Machine, the card was gone, as in GONE. I mean, don’t be surprised by my surprise, but I always thought that Taman Tun people were alot more civilised than the rest of the world, (no offence to the rest of the world, of course), but I’ve always known Taman Tun people to be some of the most honest and trustworthy of all the people I know.

But you know what? Yesterday was a real eye-opener. I didn’t find my card and I was panicking (of course) like I would, and so, I called up Abdul (like I always do when I can’t think for myself), and did the necessary to cancel the ATM card. So you see, no one can be trusted in this world today. I used to wonder alot about why we no longer trust people enough to stop by the road to help when we see someone in despair, with a car in need of repair.

Comments

Popular Posts