contradictions

old post, but what the hell

Five subjects and you’d think I’m elated. I WAS elated, I will admit, because throughout the entirety of my varsity years, I’ve had nothing less than seven. But alas, five subjects proved to feel more like ten, because there is nothing interesting about Assoc. II, nor is there anything interesting about PIL, when both are examinable subjects, simply because; there are just way, way too many things to remember.

But let bygones be bygones because I can’t turn back time and make any of it better, as I have done every paper to the best of my capabilities. No regrets.

Five subjects done, and exams are over, and you’d think I’m relieved. And again, I must admit that I thought I would be too. So, why on earth do I feel like this? Why on earth do I feel like I am about to breakdown and die of boredom? To start off with, the end of the exams was not at all memorable; nothing like I envisaged, definitely, because instead of us all staying back and taking pictures and saying goodbye, we all went back, dispersed into separate directions, all heading towards the one thing in our heads; our beds. We were just plain exhausted, that I know.

And I thought I’d be really elated that I am now free, for one and a half months at least before I enter a new hell, but I’m not. I have this crazy impulse to spend all that I’ve meticulously saved, but I know I can’t because I have bills to pay. And the worst part is that I don’t at all sound like a person who has finished her exams should sound. I am just not in a mood for a holiday, maybe.

So, am I plain crazy, or am I just an ungrateful brat? Or is everyone else feeling this way too? Because I can’t get my head around the fact that I will be so full of nothing but fat this holiday. Bye bye people while I try to get into holiday mode. If only it were as easy as turning on and off a switch.

Comments

Sarah Kamal said…
hanisa!! since ure free, i'll let u knw when i'm free : wednesay and friday i've no class but on monday nad thursday i finish my class at 9.30 AM!! i hvnt seen u like ages and i'm missing u lots!!

Popular Posts