Si Frumpy


Means… “wearing clothes that are not attractive or fashionable”

I’ve never really been a “fashionista” or one who religiously follows trends at the time when it’s a trend. In fact, I’ve never really cared much about what I wear as long as I was comfortable and decent-looking. It’s well known and acknowledged (even by myself) that I am through and through a tshirt-jeans kind of girl.

Until lately.

Lately has seen me feeling frumpy. Lately has seen me fret about my wardrobe in a way I never did before. Lately has seen me care about my appearance more than I’ve ever bothered to care about for as long as I can remember.

Good god am I having an affair or something? That’s what people generally think when their spouse cares a bit too much (than normal) about their appearances, right?

Well, whatever. I just happen to care more than I ever did before, is all.

And last week was just the ultimate. I just couldn’t stand what I saw in the mirror. So freaking frumpy, I tell you. And it’s not that I don’t make an effort to look nice, I just didn’t feel good-looking enough.

*sigh*

I don’t think this happens to all mothers, but for some reason I’ve been hit real hard by the “motherhood induced frumpiness” and I hate it.

What’s worst, these days I no longer have the privilege of shopping for myself due to time constraint.  And when I find really good online shops, I can never be sure I would look good in a particular piece that I like. I used to be so confident that a size 6 would be a perfect fit for me but now… I’m not even sure if I could do an 8 enough justice. And when I’m finally confident enough to get something … I’m left with a bank account with a balance which kind of makes me want to cry blood sometimes.

Surely motherhood is hard enough, now this?

Sooner than later, I’m going to have to have to give my wardrobe a complete overhaul. Then perhaps I’ll start taking more photos of myself again (which I love to do, if I might add).

After all, a frumpy mommy is an unhappy mommy.

And I most certainly want to be happy.    



Shy to comment? Well, never mind! Your reactions mean the world to me! Make me smile today :)

Comments

Nina said…
Hanisa.. I share the sameee feeelinggg.. I've been feeling awful about it... So much dugaan mentally, physically and emotionally... huhu
Haneesa said…
Nina... tell me about it! i try not to let it get to me tapi somehow, entahlah. Apa kita nak buat ni eh. isk isk isk
Nina said…
lol... nak tak nak, I think it'd make us feel better if we change our wardrobe and have plenty of nice stuff to wear. Could you recommend any online shop to me? ;) I need to start browsing and set aside some fund for this "investment". lol
Haneesa said…
oh yes! i think that would make us super duper happy! i always browse thepoplook.com sebab the clothes are super simple and the are actually really reasonable. yang i byk lagi browse ialah tudung so among those which i like are edz designs, sugarscarf, smashing scarves, adreesya... hahahah. mmg drooling tgk. tapi i nak kena change my wardrobe first, baru beli tudung since i dah beli byk sangat tudung tapi takde baju sesuai nak pakai. hahahahha

Popular Posts