post Day 1



“Being loved deeply by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.”

Hello, assalamulaikum.

How many days has it been already? 5, 6, 7, 10? I know people say that time flies when you’re having fun, but I guess people forgot that the same happens when you’re busy trying to be Supermommy too.

If there’s anything good about being forced into single parenthood, it is most probably the gift of efficiency that one gains. With a hardened resolve to survive for the sake of my baby, I have toughened my heart and cleared my head of all negativity. Also, I decided that it was high time I wiped my tears dry, come the 3rd day.

I thought I would take 30 days to get over things, but I guess I’m a lot tougher than I think.

Life hasn’t been a breeze but it hasn’t been bad either. With my newly acquired “gift”, I have learnt to be very economical with my movements. Each and every action is properly calculated, planned and executed according to their order of priority.

And of course, it’s no surprise that Luqman ranks first in that order.

He’s been a joy, that boy. Apart from being clingy (which is expected), he’s not difficult to take care of at all. Most mornings are hectic but once he got the idea that I’m not going to pick him up from the car seat when he cries, he doesn’t throw as much tantrum anymore. Most days after work, we would sit in front of the TV together, watching news, and later adjourn to guling-guling on the bed playing with each other’s cheeks.

After he hit the 6-month mark, I felt like time flew by so fast. Too fast, in fact.  He will never be 6 months again.

Each day is a different day for us. Each day something new is discovered. Like how I discovered his sudden love for the kitchen just yesterday. Terlompat-lompat each time I carry him to the fridge.  And because of that, I am willing to spend each and every waking hour I have with him, even if it means that I have to wake up as early as 3 a.m. the next morning to get things done.

If I didn’t understand what unconditional love meant before, I most definitely do now.






Shy to comment? Well, never mind! Your reactions mean the world to me! Make me smile today :)

Comments

Popular Posts