at that stage

I’m at that stage. I used to be at a stage where I wondered if whether “siblings” was inclusive of myself and now I have to tell people how many siblings I have without garbling about who siblings would include. I used to be at that stage where people asked me why I decided to take up law, and my only answer would be “tgk la spm saya macam mana?”I’m currently at that stage where I can’t afford to mess up my chances of getting job and that everything I say and do shall be used against me and I mean this literally.

I just got back from the AG’s Chambers interview at the faculty level. Though many would say that there is nothing to worry about, knowing that the panel would consist of lecturers we all know and are familiar with, that very fact is one thing to worry most about, simply because they know us and they just do.

No, I didn’t mess up at this stage, not yet. Luckily I have a good reputation for doing well in work and I think that reputation has saved me the most this time round. But Allah has ways of His own to test us. He shows us that we are capable of handling things which we thought we would never be able to bear; e.g. being the last person to speak (which I was btw, just now, since it was a group interview)

And Alhamdulillah, things went pretty well just now. I don’t have an attitude and have never had one and so, I am glad that they remember and recognise me for that. For now, I am just going to work my heart and soul out for the next round of interviews and I hope to do well then too.

The irritation is fading away gradually and so, it’s a good thing. Anger comes to me so slowly that it leaves me in an even slower time than the time it came. So, I’m going to try and stay cool about what has been happening, and play the mind game mama taught me. Terima kasih mama ku!

Alright. Back to work now. taaa~~

Comments

Popular Posts