when did it all start?

When did it all start?

I wish I knew the answer, but does it really matter.

Someone asked this rhetorical question which made me wonder.

I think it began when we all grew up (and got our drivers license). It also reached a total high a year before Atuk’s passing. He always brought us together. Whether we liked it or not. What a wise man he was.

We grew up and found comfort in knowing that although we are all different and can never ever quite be the same, we are who we are and we love each other as is.

Sometimes, you make my heart soar, sometimes, you make me sad. But ultimately, the constant factor is you. All of you. You make my heart melt with all your silly gestures and you make me think about the things I have never thought of thinking. You people inspire me to a point where I wonder where all those little girls have hidden and the things you have been through to get to where you are; the things that have made you grow.

You people make me cry yet kiss my tears away the moment they roll down my cheek. You people teach me that love comes in many different forms. And with you, I find comfort in the silence that engulfs us. Bile rises in my throat every time I think of us. Sometimes they are happy thoughts. Sometimes, they are sad ones.

I read through old blog posts and messages and wonder; how did we get from there to here?

So much has changed. But that’s what life is all about isn’t it? Change. Inevitable. But it will come to you. Whether or not you like it.

In years to come, will we change more than we will it? Definitely, I can guarantee so. But whether or not for better or for worst is something only we can determine.

I don’t know why I came up with this post, but its probably because I got these pictures. Credits to Sarah. Photos from 27112010 at my house for Kenduri Doa Selamat and Tahlil.






Shy to comment? Well, never mind! Your reactions mean the world to me! Make me smile today :)

Comments

Popular Posts