I’m sorry.

I have been brought up in way where we were taught not to bitch about each other, as much as we possibly could.

I have been brought up in a way where we all acknowledge that life is not a bed of roses, or rather;

life is a bed of roses, with all the thorns on and still intact.

And so, when we have a problem with each other, we thrash it out. And my, my, my. It gets so painful sometimes. But we always emerge better. We always emerge stronger. We always emerge with love, oh yes, so much of it, you have no idea.

And that’s the way things go and are still going ‘til this very day. We try as much as we can to not bitch about each other because that’s just not the way to go.

So, when people pull faces at me when I do something wrong and expect me to understand body language of some sort (distancing oneself from me etc. for long periods of time) and expect me to actually broach him/her like I acknowledge that there is a problem, I refuse to do so.

Because to me, if you’ve got a problem, say what you need to say to me. Or forever hold your peace.

So, when I found out about something unbecoming that was happening, which I didn’t like, as it is an issue closely related to me, I decided to practice what I preach. I broached the issue and confronted the subject.

The thing with me is that I like to imagine what things would be like before they actually happen. So, I play and replay the scene in my head before I actually went on with my plan.

But it didn’t turn out to be the way I imagined.

It turned out to be better.

Sometimes, we’ve got to look back at all those old idioms and know for a fact that they were created because they are true and based on countless observations of mankind.

Honesty is the best policy.

I went along with that because I knew that I couldn’t do it any other way for me to heave the burden off my chest and shoulders.

And like I said, it turned out different. But it turned out better. Because all I did was to say what I needed to say in earnest. Because my aim for that meet was for him/her to find out exactly what it was that I thought and felt and most importantly, where I was coming from.

And I was coming from nowhere but the heart.

And thereafter, I aimed to never have a grudge about the issue or person anymore since I know that grudges and hate suck the life out of me like Dementors do. My aim was to clear the air and I did just that.

Alhamdulillah. I feel so much calmer now. Thank you.

All because I did it in earnest,

and because I had a clear aim of what I intended to achieve.

Now, let's put that smile on our face, and move on :)





Shy to comment? Well, never mind! Your reactions mean the world to me! Make me smile today :)

Comments

Popular Posts