not my fault

The weather of late has been pretty bleak. It’s been raining almost everyday of the week and when the sun peeks, we normally don’t get our hopes too high because we know for sure that it wouldn’t be long before the rain starts pouring again.

The holidays are coming to an end and honestly, I don’t really mind. Everyday has pretty much been the same; late nights and late mornings, running errands and cooking lunch. It’s been pretty much a routine, actually, every single day.

The thought of going back to Law School gives me butterflies; good and bad, simultaneously. I guess I’m quite excited with the fact that we’re going to get to learn new things, and new lecturers with whom we can forge bonds (or become enemies) with. And I’m also quite excited with the fact that I have cooked up some kind of strategy to make sure I do better this coming semester.

I didn’t exactly do excellently in the past exams, but I DIDN’T EXACTLY NOT SCORE. So, to me, that’s pretty good already, considering the fact that there were quite a number of adjustments that had to be done. To those who made it through to the Honours programme, good luck. Getting into the programme is in itself a challenge, and trust me, the hurdles won’t end. So, yeah, all I can say is good luck. You’re going to need it if you wanted to survive.

As excited as I am about the coming new semester, I’m pretty worried that I might miss 2 or possibly even 3 days of classes. I don’t miss classes, okay? That’s the only reason why I score. And senior partners don’t skip classes just because they go on holidays. I know I’ve been rambling about the fact that SPs are human too and that we need a break sometimes, but I don’t agree on people missing classes, not in the first week, no sirree.

The reason for me missing my classes? Well, tomorrow night, we’ll all be leaving the country for 2 weeks! Initially I wasn’t really excited but I guess it began to sink in this week, where I’ve been handling most of the packing and stuff. This is going to be the last trip for our family as my brother’s leaving for Australia next year, and I’d probably be working already by the end of next year. So, only my little sister’s going to be following my parents, if they were to go anywhere. So, this trip is very much anticipated. Thihih.

But still, missing class really is the biggest bummer! Argh. But can you blame me if they keep on changing the takwim? Last time, it said that school opens on the 7th. The next thing you know, they tell you it reopens on the 31st. Then, I asked my coordinator and she tells me that it opens on the 3rd (I was so relieved, I tell you!). And yesterday, I met the Timbalan Dekan, and she tells me that it reopens much, much earlier; like on the 27th or somewhere around that date.

Suka hati tak? Am I still the one to blame if this is how they operate? Am I the one to be blamed for missing classes if they seem so fickle as to when to reopen? Ingat rumah 3 minit dah sampai ke? Emo pulak. Haish.

Comments

Popular Posts