anti anti-virus!

I don’t even know how to start telling you about what I’ve done to keep this computer safe and sound and virus-free. I don’t know how many times I’ve reformatted my computer for fear of virus infections, I don’t know how many times I’ve been to the CC to have a new anti-virus installed, I don’t know how many CD-RW’s I’ve bought already to burn all the important data in my computer just in case it crashes. And I don’t know how much money I’ve invested in it already, just to ensure that when I sleep at night, I can be rest assured, that Insya Allah, I would not wake up in the morning only to find that I can no longer have access to all the data, photos, songs and games I’ve so carefully and diligently collected all these years.
Probably my computer isn’t one of those “canggih” ones where the monitor could be turned 360 degrees, or one which is super small it could be mistaken as a book, etc., etc. In fact, it has the most basic functions, which some of them I use only occasionally and still, I’m happy to have a computer on which I can get my work done.
But still, with all my TLC, this computer has failed to respond to me in a way which reflects all the care I have been giving. And I know it’s just plain silly to expect a gadget to reciprocate but really, trust me, if you were in my shoes, you’d be frustrated too.
And right now, a few months after I sent this computer to be reformatted and after months of hard work in making sure that all files were scanned before they were opened, it failed me AGAIN... and it’s not that I was watching some silly movie or some silly site. I was just looking at someone else’s fotopages to have a look at the photos he took for someone else’s wedding.
Argh. This is so irritating. Now, I have to fork out some money to get the CC to install a new anti-virus for me. I’m just really confused right now as to which I should use because I know that they were the ones who made the viruses anyways. So, there’s a high probability that they would release a new virus as and when they pleased just so they could sell their new products.
Am I rambling? Oh, yes, I am. I’m just so freaking frustrated, that’s all. And my computer is starting to switch itself off, and I would like to stop here before I get started on how annoyed I am of this gadget which helps me yet gives me a whole load of problem at the same time.
Salam. Good night.

Comments

me said…
my friend calls it the laptop/computer itch. she's been telling everyone who faces a prob like yours that it's time to get a new one. haha what an excuse.

and i guess i'm telling u now kakak.

"it's the itch!"

lol. i know how frustrating this can get. i had brontok invaded my lappie once and boy, i went menggila. hehe
nadiaphyc said…
hi kakak...sorry to hear about ur comp..byk2 bersabar~ hehs..yes i know, easier said than done..hehs

so nway, yay! of course me n belle will be here to show u guys around..walaupun i think u all are quite familiar gak kan? :) so nwy, ill let u have my number and we'll arrange apape before u go k?

timmc is also here, at this moment! what pleasant surprises i've got these days :) ok, i'll see u soon..take care there!

XXX;yaa :)
Haneesa said…
ahaha. i guess it really is the itch. it would be nice to get a new laptop which might just be lighter than any of my books!
i'll think of this as a blessing in disguise? hahaha.

anyways, Yaa. i've got ur UK number. i'll just msg you before we leave to make sure that i've got the number correct okays?

hope to see you guys! taa~~

Popular Posts