ideal

It’s half past ten and I’m still lazing around in my PJs. Merdeka truly means a whole load of new things to me this year. I am a little bit disappointed that I did not see even a hint of fireworks since I slept like a baby that night; recuperating and getting all the much needed sleep I lost due to the hectic schedule the week before. It’s been a while since I last had the chance to laze around doing nothing like this. Note: I have tonnes of articles to read, but I decided to take a break for a while. It’s been a while since I last stayed put at home on a Sunday morning, not worrying about going to the office to complete this file or that file because I managed to do that yesterday.

I’d have to say that I would really like to propose to someone who would listen that every week be changed to a 4-day working week because it gives us all ample time to rest. I think I got as much sleep as I lost, in fact I got more. And I think that this 4-day a week working day gives me so much time to do all other chores other than studying or completing files. Even Mami is relaxing outside because we’ve got almost everything done and covered during the long weekend we got.

But tomorrow will come soon and I must admit how tempted I am to flee. It’s not that I’ve got problems with anyone in the Firm or Class or Batch. It’s just that sometimes I wish for things not to be routine all the time because it can get pretty sickening doing the same things over and over again. A break from the normal chain of events would be a treat indeed. Like a weekend off to PD at Nadd’s place would have been a great treat indeed. In fact the girls are there now probably jumping into the pool and soaking themselves until their skins shrivel, laughing like mad people. I could not join them due to obvious reasons. And I would have loved a weekend off at PD especially. That would have been a great Merdeka treat.

But I guess I’m wishing in vain. I guess I have to be content with a relaxing weekend such as this. I mean, this really is more than I could ever wish for, right? But I still wish every week were a 4-day working week. That would be extremely ideal…

Comments

Popular Posts