welcome, Ramadan

I make a point to not lose count of how many days we've been at home under the MCO... so, yes, hello there #day38.

What makes #day38 so special is that it also happens to be #day1 of Ramadan, my most favourite time of the year! 

Now that the kids are a little older, and #no1 has started fasting (since 2 years back), I find that Ramadan carries with it a whole new vibe, and it has of course, become alot more meaningful. Days are spent thinking of how to inculcate #no1's understanding of this Holy month, and hopefully as much love for it, as I have. And of course, with my #no1 being ever so helpful with coming up with the daily menu, I now find more reason and joy to cook, to prepare his requests, just to see that beaming million dollar smile on his face.



Alhamdulillah, we are again given the opportunity to meet Ramadan, albeit differently (than what we're used to). While some are used to congregating in mosques, having communal breaking of fasts and shopping at Ramadan Bazaars, making this Ramadan unlike any Ramadan they imagined of -

some... like us, are more than happy to be spending it at home, with our own nucleus family. 

I have nothing against communal events, but I don't really enjoy them mainly because that's just who I am by nature. So, I actually welcome this whole "spending time at home with your loved ones" idea that our PM has been trying to promote, especially during this time of year.

Though I haven't really been grieving about the implementation of the MCO, I think I really have reached that 5th stage of grief, i.e. "acceptance" just like the rest of the Malaysians. My naivete has been taken over by my acceptance that this "catastrophe" is unlike any other -- that it is impossible to eradicate and the numbers alone aren't the only indication of how safe it is out there, and hence, it would be impossible for us to go back to our old ways.

That being said, I have come to the realisation that it would be a while before this MCO will be lifted because the main goal of our country is to save lives... unlike some other countries who have weighed the risks and benefits and have ultimately come to the conclusion that... it is pointless to save lives when the economy is bleeding. Hence, the need to let all economic sectors run as per pre Covid-19 days. 

 But since we're in Malaysia, we have to come to accept that The New Normal is very much real.

And while I know that this phase may not be easy for alot of people, and even a homebody like me would like the option to eat out and shop at a physical store and all of the other simple pleasures in life that we've gotten used to (and probably have more than once in our lives taken for granted), I think that it's best we ride this phase out in compliance with the MCO laws. 

We've got to win this war with the unseen enemy.

And the only weapon we've got right now, is our patience, and faith that these measures that are being taken are really in our best interests. 


Salam Ramadan, everyone.

Please stay safe. 

Comments

Popular Posts