#day23


It's #day23 of the MCO.

How's everyone doing?

We're doing okay. With erratic bursts of emotions from the kids, and I. And occasionally the dad, I guess that's to be expected. 

The number of #covid19 infections continue to be rather erratic, and judging by how erratic they are, I think that maybe we'll be stuck at home a little while longer than the 14th of April. 

We're actually getting the hang staying at home, to be honest. Plus, I've always been a homebody who'll find an excuse to not go out. So, I can't really say I don't enjoy being home.

But I can't help but wonder about the bigger picture - of the oil prices falling, of the people with day jobs and day wages who were never able make ends meet before; how are they fairing now? Is anyone thinking of taking out to the streets out of desperation? Is someone taking the easy way out by scamming others?

I'm beginning to think that no matter which way we try to fight this, there is bound to be "bloodshed" somewhere. We may win on the one hand, but lose on the other. 

Not very positive-minded, I know. But like I said, I can't really help myself. 

xxx


Well, anyways. Mommies out there feeling like Master Chefs already?

Prior to this period, I've already been cooking/preparing breakfast, lunch, dinner almost daily so... I can't really say that all of this cooking, cleaning, repeat is new for me. I sometimes think that Allah had prepped me for his situation, by continously throwing  curveballs at me, which I've had to overcome, so that this situation would not take me by surprise. Even so, there are some days when I feel totally jaded, and of course, I could (should) work on my patience (with the kids especially) and not raise my voice, especially when it's unnecessary.

Especially during this time when they can't turn to their "safety nets" (i.e. their grandparental units) for extra TLC when Mama turns into Hulk and things gets real ugly. 

Must remind myself that they most definitely aren't the reasons why we're stuck in a lockdown and that no matter how annoyed I get by the sheer amount of times they call my name in a day, it is most definitely better than you not hearing their voices at all (because you know, they may be up to some mischief heheh).

xxx


Speaking of Mommying, I'm missing my mom a tad bit more than usual today.

As I sat outside our home in the wee hours of this morning, watching the beautiful sunrise Allah painted out in the sky for me to see, I wondered of the many times my life has been saved by my mother's prayers.

In fact, just this morning, after I got back in the house after sunrise, I got a phone call telling me that I no longer needed to be present at the meeting that I was supposed to attend later today --

and this came just as I was wondering the wisdom of me having to deal with / attend a meeting which is more than 40 km away from home at a time like this. I mean, I knew from the very beginning that these kinds of sacrifices and risks come with the job and to be very honest, I would really take it up in a heartbeat.

But just this morning - 

I wondered if I would be able to come back safely. 

And I was just about to ask my mom to pray for my safety, especially so that I won't be affected by anyone infected and further (unknowingly) bring back the sickness with me, and infect my loved ones.

And then came the said phone call.

I guess she knew how I felt even without me having to tell her?

Or maybe, this is one of those times that her prayers has saved me from an unknown harm.

Whichever the case may be, let us cherish our parents for all the times their prayers have kept us in the safety of Allah's protection. And may we make du'a for them for all the good that this life and the hereafter may bring.

With that, may today be a better MCO day for all of us.

Comments

Popular Posts