23 days after.

3 weeks since my last post.

Any wild guesses as to where I've been and what I've been up to?

You definitely don't have to be Einstein to figure that out right? Hehe.

Alhamdulillah, I have safely delivered a beautiful and healthy baby girl on 12 April 2016. On the 7th day, we decided to name her Atiya Ayesha, which means "pemberian yang hidup bahagia" and despite the overwhelming first few days with her at home and the sleepless nights (which I'm getting used to), Atiya has indeed been a gift to us and our little family. 

Her delivery story is somewhat different from my first and it is rather long, so I might have to break it down into parts. While Atiya is asleep, here goes Part 1.
 
xxx

On 12 April 2016, after I was done with all my "wee-hour activities", I took a nap before the morning rush began. Next thing I know, I had overslept and so I hustled to wake Luqman up, got him ready for school and got myself ready for work. As I was hustling, I felt the constant urge to pee. That's when I discovered I had a bloody show. I knew that that wasn't the sign of labour especially since I felt no contractions whatsoever, but my ObyGyn did tell me to come in if the blood was bright red, which it was.

So, I called my boss and informed him of my predicament, and told him I didn't know what time I would be able to come in. Little did I know that it would be 3 months until I would see him again. HAHAHAHA. Because as I was packing Luqman's school bag, I felt wet... like water trickling down my legs. I thought I had lost all control of my bladder but after many visits to the toilet, I kind of figured -- my water had broke. And that meant that I had to deliver my baby in the next 24 hours. 

So, my SOS Plan kicked in. The Plan was that my parents would take over taking care of Luqman while my husband accompanied me at the hospital. Called my mom, called my husband, sent Luqman to school and drove myself to the Labour Room (yes, drove! HAHAHAHA). As expected, there were no parking spots left (although it was only 8.30 in the a.m.) so I parked my car at the nearby ERL Station and treated the walk as exercise. 

Reached the Labour Room and told the nurses of my signs of labour. They strapped me to a CTG machine and meanwhile got a doctor to check on me. As I suspected, there was no contraction present although baby's heartbeat was okay and although I was praying hard I would not be admitted yet (I had so many plans!), the doctor told me I was only 2 cm dilated. Be that as it may, she told me that they would not be able to discharge me since I was leaking. 

They then gave me my "uniform" and set me up in a Lodger since there were no free beds in the Executive Ward.

And that's where I spent most of the day in. 


More in Part 2 later, ya? 

Comments

Popular Posts