same amount (of hours), different impact.

I was just about to write tomorrow (today?) about how some people can get the same amount of sleep in a day, yet feel different impacts, depending on what time they actually sleep.

Yesterday, I was so bummed out that I actually fell into a really deep sleep while nursing Luqman (which is really early) and that resulted with me waking up really early too. Even though I had to remain awake for the whole day at work, I didn’t feel tired. Well, at least not as tired as if I slept later and woke up later also.

Do you get what I’m trying to say? Say if I sleep at 10.30 and wake up at 5 a.m., I’d feel fine but if I slept at 12.00 but woke up at 6.30 a.m., I’d feel like crap the whole day. Get it, get it? Don’t know why I’m being over descriptive, but yeah, I’ll be really happy if you understood this well.

Well, anyways. When my husband was away, the whole “sleep early-wake up early” routine was actually a routine born out of necessity. Since he came back, I’ve been sleeping a whole lot later, obviously, (ahem) and also waking up a lot later but this recent incident where I felt really happy throughout the day though I had been up since 5 a.m. incident really just proves how much of a morning person I am.

Or am I?

I think I’ve always been a morning person, even during my high school days. When I was a third former, which is 13 years ago (ohmygod!), I remember being the only one at the study room in the wee hours of the morning, revising, studying, doing homework, etc.. Not that the rest of the girls were any less hardworking, of course, but what I’m trying to say is that while they all burned the midnight oil, staying up late really didn’t work for me so I woke up earlier instead.

So, yes, I guess I always have been a morning person.


Which is why the very fact that I am still up at this hour is a mystery, even to me though I’ve tried all kinds of things to no avail. For one, I could be hungry but I’ve already made myself a huge “mug” (more like tall glass, actually) of hot cocoa hoping that it’ll appease my hunger pangs. But the hot cocoa seems to make me more awake than asleep at the moment I'm afraid. I’m definitely not stressed out. I don’t have any more chores to do (well, unless I decide to mop the floor this very night and spring clean our kitchen). At the end of it all, I really don’t know what all this "I can’t sleep" is all about.

I just really hope I won’t wake up grumpy.

Grrr. I seriously, seriously really want to sleep. Sigh.

Comments

Popular Posts