Some love...

... emanate from a place way deeper then where love comes from.



And of course, this love is one of it.

He's growing a personality and a strong one at that. He's got a little bit of an attitude worthy of a hashtag #likeaboss. I've come to a point in my life where I can no longer imagine what it'd be like without him. Of course I've been a mother for a year plus now and my earlier statement makes it look like it's only now that I appreciate his presence, but hey, come on, I'm only human. While it was life changing to have a child, it was also overbearing on so many levels, I can't even begin to explain.

So, don't judge. I probably love my child more than the rest of you all put together.

Well anyway.

Now that he's older, he's alot more capable of expressing his wants and needs.

Sometimes, he's glued to me like bubble gum and I wished it wasn't so.

But on some mornings (like this morning for instance), when he utterly refused me because he obviously thought Daddy was the cooler parent, I remind myself not to take heart for he is only a child. This wouldn't be the first time he would reject me or break my heart (so innocently and unintentionally too if I might add).

I sometimes think I need to brace myself before the time actually comes when he becomes old enough to be embarrased by my affection. And it's because I sometimes think I can never ever think of him as a big boy. But then again, no matter how fast he's now walking unsupported, no matter how big of an attitude he's got and no matter how much he loves grown-up food, he still finds comfort in the nook of my arm come night time when it's time to sleep. That's when I realise that he will always be my baby (in my eyes).

At the end of the day, I just hope that he takes after his Dad and wears his heart right smack on his sleeve, so that he wouldnt' be like the rest of the boys I know who are afraid to show their love.

Well anyway.

There's really nothing more to say.

That was just a random thought passing through my head on a crazy lazy Tuesday.

Comments

Popular Posts