crispy skin.



So far, this year has been a very mundane year for me.

Yes, if I were to pick an adjective to describe 2013 thus far, it would be mundane.

I realise that like many of us in the same age group, I have become a slave to my job more than I thought I would be. No doubt I was one of the workaholics during the Honours program, but I (honestly) thought that things would change when I entered the workforce. Apparently not.

Day in, day out, different day, different drama and still, there's nothing in the difference that makes me feel like my days are anything close to eventful. Don't know if you get what I'm trying to say, but it is what it is.

So today, after a very productive day at work, I decided that I deserved a treat. Well, if it were up to me I'd treat myself everyday, but hey, we've got bills to pay! Anyway... after much deliberation, we headed to Sushi King and had a feast. Sort of. The spread on the kaiten seemed so much better during that hour (6.30 p.m. - 8.00 p.m.) and it was kind of therapeutic to see all kinds of sushi pass by me.

We took turns to eat and after my turn, I let my boy chase a cat all around the Alamanda compound. I found his obsession with his new found furry friend really just amusing. Then, as I was settling the bill, my husband told me to meet him at the expensive coffee shop (Starbucks je pun eheh). Score! That could only mean that I was also going to get my much needed coffee fix on top of my most favourite food, sushi. 2 of my favourites in one evening is a huge bonus for me.

And for some reason, though coffee's never really had an effect on my bio clock (especially where bedtime is concerned), tonight proves to be an exception and a huge one at that. I've already done all my chores, ironed all our clothes, swept and mopped the floor and now here I am staring at your perfection... eh tibe-tibe lagu Daylight.

I do realise that this is to my detriment, and it's not so much because I'll wake up with panda eyes (because that is what I wake up with everyday anyway), but because I know I'm going to be dead tired at work come tomorrow (or today actually since it's already past midnight) and because I know that I'd have to wake up really early to beat my son who's probably going to wake up earlier than normal since he went to bed so early tonight.

Sigh. All because of those 'spensive coffee beans. Eh, tapi Encik Suami, janganlah segan nak belanja lagi. Eheh

Anyway, the point of this post was just to say that I may have misjudged 2013 too fast too soon. There's actually loads to be thankful for, like days like today for instance. Oh man, I am a little too easy to please I know for what are those colourful sushi plates, the yummy crispy salmon skin, my 2 boys, and some 'spensive coffee beans?

Well, for someone who's seen alot of mundane, they really are everything.

So, Alhamdulillah for that.

Comments

Popular Posts