At the edge of the cliff

… was where I was last week.

People say that your aim in life shouldn’t solely be reciprocity and for most people (including me), it isn’t. Note that the operative word is solely. So I dare say that reciprocity really isn’t the boon of my existence.

Up until last week, I thought everything was okay with the way I was handling things. But then, I was reminded by someone who has turned to be one of my bestest friends and critic, my husband, that it is time I chose my battles.

And much as I admit to hate how right he is, he is… right.

There’s something about giving your all which takes your all away from you. I’ve got to learn to keep some of me for me. Because a jaded me is of no use to anyone.

So, anyway. I’ve stepped off the edge but not where I originally planned on going, which is off the cliff.

I’m going to keep my head up high because no one knows what the future holds.

And when we get tired of trying, we can always move on and try again… and try differently the next time.


Shy to comment? Well, never mind! Your reactions mean the world to me! Make me smile today :)

Comments

Popular Posts